• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I feel for those at Evergreen as I have been there more than most. (7 jobs in the last 7 years. 3 type ratings with 3 different companies in 14 months) However if this is a case where crew members truly used fictitious names on check-in knowing or suspecting that Evergreen wasn't going to pay the bill then that is just outright theft. Working for a ********************ty company does not give you the right to steal. I just hope this isn't as bad as it appears to be.

Yah think??? Unpaid hotel bills turned up on my credit report after a previous company closed up shop...who's the thief??..oh yah...personal bio data to facilitate was provided by the company's bankruptcy facilitator/lawyers..lovely isn't it?

Last edited:
Evergreen has to pay the hotel bills. Individual crew members shouldn't be charged for the hotels when the company should have to pay.

It is not theft and further more how do we actually know that these names are false? Many times Evergreen called the hotel looking for me and the hotel told the company that I was not checked in. Explain that one when you are actually at the hotel.

As I have written, I hope it is not what it appears to be. However if you check into a hotel and give a false name in order to avoid being responsible for paying the bill that is theft. I don't care who is supposed to pay the bill you are the one there. Now before you start saying "come out of your ivory tower" I have been in this situation when I was with Mesa. They were not paying their accounts on-time and we were asked to guarantee payment with a personal credit card. I stayed in the lobby until they gave me a room. If they had not given me a room I would have stayed at a shelter. Just because the lawyers and the company are @%^#@^%$&@ thieves (MaxJet creditors were not payed because the lawyers took hundreds of million of dollars for their fees with court approval), doesn't give you the right to steal from another #(*^#^&* corporation. When you get to numbers like 500K (if that is even accurate) at the Five Towns, that is affecting someone who is an innocent bystanders employment. Now I know that these few crews are but a sliver of the debt owed but every straw placed on the camels back has an effect.
With our attrition rate holding steady here at K4 hopefully we will be hiring next year and some of the Evergreen pilots will find employment with us. Or who knows I could find myself on the street yet again. Crazy business we are in.

Last edited:
I understand your position, but the thief is the owner. He has the money to pay these bills but decides to build his "theme park" in McMinnville instead.

In addition the owner owes the employees money in the 401 K that he has yet to pay and ordered to pay by a Judge. The money owed is a large amount running in the thousands of dollars per crew member.

ttuite is right. If you are knowingly assisting a thief, you are committing theft. I understand that guys want to keep the paychecks coming in as long as possible, but they crossed a line to make it happen.

At what point does the hotel become liable for extending credit? I mean I'm not saying not paying or using false names is right but when does the business say nope, not going to extend credit anymore, go somewhere else? When the bill is $20,000, $30,000? If you run a business do you put yourself in that position of extending somone $50,000 in credit and keep going? Or would you stop at $10,000? Evergreen should pay every cent back but on the flip side at some point a business has to look out for itself.

At what point does the hotel become liable for extending credit? I mean I'm not saying not paying or using false names is right but when does the business say nope, not going to extend credit anymore, go somewhere else? When the bill is $20,000, $30,000? If you run a business do you put yourself in that position of extending somone $50,000 in credit and keep going? Or would you stop at $10,000? Evergreen should pay every cent back but on the flip side at some point a business has to look out for itself.

Many years ago, I remember hearing about ASA regional pilots who weren't even allowed to check-in at some hotels because the company was so delinquent on their hotel bills.

Best of luck to all the Evergreen pilots about to hit the streets (doesn't sound like many of you left). With the quality of time on your resumes, I doubt you'll be unemployed for long. I'd hope that any reasonable judge would stick that b*stard of an owner of yours with all the unpaid bills personally.

No one at Evergreen checked into the Marriott under a false name. That is bull********************.

However, personal credit cards of people at headquarters were used and others, to secure rooms.

The Mariott knew when the reservation was made the credit card used to guarantee the reservation was from someone different, but when the crewmember checked in...we gave our own names.

As far as being done in a week.....maybe. Or maybe not, the circus may last a few more weeks.

Latest resources

Back