Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
I guess this could go in the general forum, but did anyone see that special on history channel last night. I guess Evergreen owns the commercial aircraft boneyard out in the desert.

Would that be Marana Air Park?

Been there a few times and yes, boneyard indeed....Pan Am 737s...Where they still there?

I saw the show

That is where Evergreen converted the B747 in to a fire-tanker.

I landed there once. Pretty interesting place. Very cool, yet sad at the same time.

Evergreen 747 Tanker

Does anybody know when or if the FAA/Dept of Agriculture/BLM/Forest Service etc will certify the 47 Tanker? This years fire season is almost over.

Evergreen has a lease to use the airport, but there is a chance they will end up going someplace else. Part of the lease agreement is that Evergreen will allow public use for the airport, which as far as I know, they have not done.

There are actually about 13 or so companies I think under the Evergreen umbrella.

414Flyer said:
Evergreen has a lease to use the airport, but there is a chance they will end up going someplace else. Part of the lease agreement is that Evergreen will allow public use for the airport, which as far as I know, they have not done.

There are actually about 13 or so companies I think under the Evergreen umbrella.

I have been in there numerous times, and some Evergreen dude gives winds over unicom. Lots of trainers, etc in the area

Latest resources

Back