Evergreen Boneyard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clipper 737

Pan Am actually had 737's here in the USA, I worked on them as an aircraft mechanic back in the late 80's, and we flew them out of MIA.

Citrus531 said:
I didn't think Pan Am ever operated 737's....sad seeing the ex-TWA L10's rotting away
They operated them out of Berlin. Then switch to B727's. The 737's then flew out of MIA and were retired by 1990.

Pan Am B737

CSY Mon said:
Well, somebody did, and painted them in Pan Am's colors.

Pan Am operated a small fleet (16) of B737-200's on their inter-European routes and up and down the Berlin corridor as part of the IGS fleet for several years. May have used them out of Miami later as well. It was one of Acker's deals that probably lined his pockets somehow before it was over.

Last edited:
Otterjock said:
Marana Air Park, just outside of Tucson.

It's actually named Pinal Airpark in Marana, Arizona just Northwest of Tucson. Don't want to get folks confused with what is now Marana Northwest Regional Airport which for anyone who's been around AZ for any time thinks of it as Avra Valley. The two are only a few miles apart.

Spooky 1 said:
May have used them out of Miami later as well. It was one of Acker's deals that probably lined his pockets somehow before it was over.
Yes they were in MIA in the late 1980's and were retired by late 1989 or eary 1990.

Yes they were in MIA in the late 1980's and were retired by late 1989 or eary 1990.

Yeah, that seems about right:

I flew for Evergreen back then and ferried a 747 in and out of Marana.
Spotted some Pan Am 737s sitting out there in the sand.

From the pics on this page it looks like they were -100 series.

They will probably never fly again.

Sad.

CSY Mon said:
Yeah, that seems about right:

From the pics on this page it looks like they were -100 series.
They were -200's. When I flew there (89-91) we only a few left and they flew mostly up and down Florida (TPA-MIA & MCO-MIA). They came from Air Florida (some were ex-UAL 737-222's). Acker was gone when I was hired but he probably had a lot to do with it.

I had heard one of the 737's did a scrape and go (No gear down) probably in Europe.

Latest resources

Back