Ever heard of these flight schools?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tailwind

Any info about these flight schools would be appreciated, experiences good or bad. I'm interested in both experiences as a student and employer.

1. Astron Enterprises (LZU)
2. Aviation Atlanta (PDK)
3. Superior Aviation (RYY)

If you know of a better school in the ATL area please reply or PM me.

Thanks for your help.

Tailwind

About Aviation Atlanta....................they sucked down 70 Grand of my hard earned, came out w/ only my Commercial Multi. They killed me w/ all those damn stage checks, went through four instructors all together some excellent and some just marginal. Instructing there is hell as most of the instructors seemed a little disgruntled and some a little burnt out from instructing, Ol Phil Sanders has'em sittin like kids in a playpen for a full eight hours regardless of if they have students or not, I beleive he makes them sign a 1 year contract......................Their a 141 school which means it's somewhat structered compared to the ol' mom n' pop outfits I've seen, just be prepared to spend more, alot more!.....................If I had to do it all over I would have started w/ a private instructor to save the extra cash, or just went through ALL ATPS, the instructors there seem to just hit around 700ish or less and poof their on w/ Expressjet...............Aviation Atlanta doesn't have the job connections like that.........Their C.P. is one of the most knowlegable individuals I have ever encounterd in Aviation...................The 172's are decently maintained but qiute old, no GPS in any aircraft.

Tailwind said:
If you know of a better school in the ATL area please reply or PM me.

Tailwind

I know of a much better school. Phil's Flying at RYY. Their website is http://www.philsflying.com. They have the newest training fleet in Atlanta and are much cheaper than any of the schools you listed. You don't have to fly crap, or waste your time with timebuilders to save money. Yes, I do work there if you are wondering, but I have a long list of students that would tell you the same thing.

Check out ALL ATPS over at Fulton County Airport. I know someone that went through their course and got their MEII for I think around $30,000...starting with single engine private.

Latest resources

Back