Ever heard of these flight schools?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tailwind

Any info about these flight schools would be appreciated, experiences good or bad. I'm interested in both experiences as a student and employer.

1. Astron Enterprises (LZU)
2. Aviation Atlanta (PDK)
3. Superior Aviation (RYY)

If you know of a better school in the ATL area please reply or PM me.

Thanks for your help.

Tailwind

Think about how long you'll sit waiting to depart at places like PDK when it gets busy. and you pay once the master gets turned on.

Something to consider.

I worked at PDK and Tired of Teaching is right. I think my students spent most of their time on the ground waiting to take off.

I worked at Superior Flight School at RYY and I highly recommend the school and it's instructors. Rates are good and they have a nice variety of equipment.

50 miles south of ATL in LGC. Airventures is cheaper than the Atlanta flightschools. Not as fancy or structured but you can get what you need.

www.airventures.net
Warriors, Tomahawk, 172, Arrow, Seneca I in the fleet

Astron at LZU is owned by a retired Delta and former Navy pilot. He is a stand up guy and it is nice field with good prices.

dude, i have never even heard of those airports.

I did my private at PDK in the summer of 2000. Last time I remember flying out of PDK was summer of 2001. I don't know how has the traffic volume changed but when I lived in ATL, PDK was busy; yeah the ground check ramp to 20R was always buzzing around mid-day, but it wasn't THAT bad and it shaped you to become a non-complacent pilot as far as terminal operations are concerned.

Then again that was when I could rent a 152 for $50 wet and a 172 for $60 wet.....Ah the good ol days....

I would love to operate back there, I kinda miss it.

Latest resources

Back