• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever have this happen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with a guy that owned a Mooney once and he was telling me that if he was 2kts fast on final he lost 1000' of runway. If he was 2kts slow on final said:
Controlling your speed within 2 knots being THAT crucial.... I really don't think so. I doubt his landing weight is always the same, I also bet his true ref speed will change some 2 knots if he were to actually look it up in the POH if he has this data...

CAVOK69 said:
Controlling your speed within 2 knots being THAT crucial.... I really don't think so. I doubt his landing weight is always the same, I also bet his true ref speed will change some 2 knots if he were to actually look it up in the POH if he has this data...

That's why I said "not sure if its true". I know nothing about Mooney's other than they're fast. I've heard the traumahawk is the same way with a short field landing though...1kt fast and you float 1kt slow and you "arriave". At least that's what the ground instructor kept saying. But again, no experience with that type either.

Anyone have the numbers for a Mooney just for kicks?

-mini

A long time ago, in a place far away (actually it was only in '94, at the little grass strip in Morgantown, PA), I almost hung a 152 up in the trees after a touch and go. Pretty short grass field, freshly minted private pilot, pretty full of myself. Float a little long before touching down, throw the power back on, flaps back up, carb heat off and around I go. I didn't realize just how long I floated until I saw the trees coming up at the west end.

Scared myself to death, and I learned a pretty important lesson.

Latest resources

Back