• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever get a tip? Only money counts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twice in 7 months of 135 pax flying. if you ever fly a sentient trip forget it, in fact the customers will trash the plane and apologize as they casually walk away knowing you get to clean up their mess...oh well, living the dream!

Flew some people one time and when they got off the plane, I saw em hand the cptn a fist full of 20's. I assumed that he would share.........didnt happen that day. Following day, flew the same people AGAIN..........except this time, the guy hands me a 50 then the cptn a 50. Cptn asks me if they tipped me too and I said, Yah, they sure did!!! Did they tip you too??? He said, yup, they sure did. I said, geeeee, werent those the same guys we flew yesterday too??? And did they tip you yesterday as well??? He says.....yah, same people and I was just waiting to see if they were gonna tip us again today so that way I could break it up and split it ALL with you. Mmmmmm, yahhhhhhh....rrrrrrright!

I am finding that tips mostly come from the rich and famous... The rich and excentic are tighter than a frogs butt.. (watertight) I take one step further... When I get a big tip$50+ i share some with my home airports line crew. Funny my requests are never ignored or forgoten. FO's always get some even if they wernt born to fly or menth fly.

Last edited:
If you are flying with an SIC not only are you a tool, but in my opinion you are stealing from a guy making much less than you probably.

Get over yourself, share the tips.

"I'm the one signing"...so what, I have never screwed an FO out of a tip...how's he gonna buy a round if you don't share.

hawkerjet said:
We share our tips equally. i usually get in the vicinity of a couple thousand in a year on tips.

ditto...on both accounts ;)

Latest resources

Back