Ever flown LA to Manilla in a FA10?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcondrivr

I havnt sat down and planned this repo yet, but was wondering if anyone had done LA to the philippines in a jet like this before (3.25 hr legs is about it).
# of legs; tech stops; etc.

Yep. Done VNY to Manilla in a Lear 36....twice. As landlover says, enjoy Anchorage and Petro, and probably Seoul too.

With those legs you'll probably have to stop in Russia once more before Petro. You might think about an Anchorage - Nome leg before that, I still don't believe you'll make Petro from Nome ( Petro's alternate is about 470nm away). After Petro you can do Sendai in Japan then Taipei or another southern Japanese city before Taipei. You should have no problem with the Taipei- Manila sector. If you have to stop in Russia before Petro be careful, there is an area in Russia that doesn't speak English in ATC. It was one of those gotcha questions I had in my International Procedures course. I believe the area is northwest of Anchorage in Russia. the chart will have a box explaining it. I believe you may need a translator.

I know the weather in the aleutians can be bad but what would be wrong with going anchorage-adak-petropavlovsk-sendai?

I hope this is a ferry flight and someone else is paying. It used to cost about 10 grand to land each time in Japan, I'm not sure about Russia. Too bad Midway and Wake aren't available anymore.

Is Shemya open to the public? Ferried a DC-3 with cabin tanks to Manila many years ago. It's endurance was roughly 16 hours at 130 kts. Went via Anchorage, Kodiak, Adak, Shemya, and some place on Japan's northern island (the airport name escapes me). Long trip!

Dude,

If you are really that hot for some fresh luppe, go to Oakland. About 8 years ago 'Little Pillipinas' was giving SFO "China Town" a run for their money. You could get Red Horse in a Keg from 7-11 and a little "House-Mom" for $200/mo to make endless trips for refills while you recline in the lazyboy watching Cal slaughter Berkley.

100-1/2

did OAK -BKK in a DC3 back in '91, stopped in MNL along the way.we went south,Hnl,Tarawa,Truk,Guam,Manila,then Bang-kok,took 2 weeks,67 hours,awesome flying,awesome fun. i know its not relevant,but the thread got me nostalgic.

Latest resources

Back