Even more E-175s bought by SKW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Orders on the books
-E175 100 orders plus 100 options (40 set for united ops - delivery 2014)
-MRJ90 100 orders plus 100 options (deliveries start in 2017)
-E175 E2 100 orders plus 100 options (deliveries start in 2020)

Current fleet of INC.

SkyWest
EMB120 - 42
CR2 - 159
CR7 - 96
CR9 - 28

Expressjet/ASA
CR2 - 106
CR7 - 28
CR9 - 41
E135 - 9
E145 - 242

I think we are seeing what the new "refleeting" of skywest and Expressjet will look like....

The revamped E175s are a proven airframe and they will be using the same engine as the MRJ. The two aircraft are direct competitors with with nearly identical missions, range, and payload. I'm betting there will be a cancellation of the MRJ order.

If Express Jet can not get a contract soon we will not see any. Get this over and fight another day. Times have Changed.

And no one to fly them.

So true. I thought I read the legacies are "supposed" to require 15,000 newhires in the next decade with most coming from the regionals (now fewer military pilots under Obama). Will be interesting to see what Skywest and Republic do to stem the inevitable tide....

With the 1,500 hour rule and the increased expense of attending natural pilot feeders like ERAU, UND and others, Skywest and Republic need to start thinking about this issue NOW...

Last edited:
A lot of nice clean ramp ornaments we have on the way. ExpressJet is busy beating on it's pilots without regard for the future, because we are only capable of barely managing the "now". I can think of many pilots that were likely to remain at ExpressJet, but are now seeking employment elsewhere. I'm one of those pilots, and have simply chosen not to be a part of an unappreciated pilot group.

Old Man Tutt will be wheeling around in his HoverRound while we're taking deliveries of airframes that aren't flown due to lack of available staffing.

The SkyWest folks (pilots included) have yet to figure out that ExpressJet will be a much needed assett going foward to make this work.

Latest resources

Back