• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evangel 4500 Operators?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think there is an outfit in the S. Pacific that still uses them to places like Yap and Truk.

Sorry, I don't have a name or any other information.

Good Luck!

GP

There used to be one based in Nome, Alaska a few years back. Not sure where it is now. A couple of years ago I looked up the Evangel in the FAA registry. If I recall correctly, there were only 3 on the US registry.

regards

I have flown N4502L, N4501L,N4505L interesting that it would show up here. I was just in Cold Bay Alaska and the fuel operator had a picture of N4501L on his wall. For those that are wondering what we are talking about the Evangel was designed by Carl Mortenson and was a STOL twin aircraft. It had two IO-540KIA5 300hp engines and was a tail dragger. It was square to provide for easy maint. and loading and unloading. Appraoch was made at VMC 80MPH at about 100 feet you eased back on the power touching down between 55 and 60 mph with the stick in your gut. You could get it stopped in 500 feet with a full laod. Gross weight was 5200 lbs.

I remember something about ten years ago where someone was wanting to produce a plane for relief and missionary organizations. I think it was called the Angel 42 or some number after that. I think they had a prototype flying

It was a canard twin I believe, and different than what you were describing

I know a guy who flew one out of Dillingham, AK 10 years ago. If I recall correctly, the company had two of them but one was involved in a fatal accident. There is a guy up here in Barrow who is from Dillingham. I'll ask if there are any still around and get back to you....

TurboS7, did you fly them in AK under 135?

That's the second generation of the same concept. The Angel is a pusher twin with outstanding STOL capabilities. A friend of mine has flown in it and says it's got pretty amazing short strip performance. I think they've only built the one prototype to date. Last I heard they were seeking investment funding to start production.

http://www.mtcnet.net/~jdhogg/angel/index.htm

regards

The Angel is actually certified. They've built like 10 or so i think. We had one here yesterday for an open house, and they guy who flew it in just bought it. Pretty neat plane.

The Evangel had the lines of a fruit bat, plus in the cocpit the noise level was around 110 to 130db. The seats were just cushions and everyone sat military facing each other. The Angel is from same person Carl Mortenson same motivation but a version that would be a commercially viable option. Have to run I have got to got fly JFK-FRA-KEF-DOV-PIT-YQX-FCO and four hole it home.

>>>>>>The Angel is actually certified. They've built like 10 or so i think.

Yeah, I knew that they'd got it certified. That's no small accomplishment by itself. Guess my info on production is a little outdated. Glad to hear that they're actually pushing some finished airplanes out the door. I've been intrigued by these planes ever since 15 years ago when I saw an Evangel sitting on the ramp at Pilot Point on the Alaska peninsula and wondered what in the world it was. Maybe TurboS7 was flying it then.....

regards

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back