European ratings?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flat-tire

I am curious what it involves to transfer you FAA ratings to European ratings and does anyone know if companies in Europe hire US pilots? Also, if I got married to a person from England do I have to give up my residency in the US to live in England? Anyone insight is welcome, I never thought I would be in this situation....

Thanks

U.S. Certificates to European licenses

European nations do hire American pilots. It depends on the company or country if you can fly on your U.S. certificates. Probably not, in most cases. Try Captain Mac at Flight Crews International for foreign airlines that need pilots. Captain Mac puts these job openings in his newsletter. Better hurry, because I've seen where Captain Mac is retiring and selling his business.

From what I've learned, a lot depends on the country in which you want to receive licenses. You'll get credit for your flight time, but, more than likely, you'll have to take their written(s) and flight test(s). I understand that the process takes months, and the examining process is far more stringent than here.

No idea on giving up U.S. citizenship or residency.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your plans.

Flat-Tire:
You do not give up or lose your U.S. citizenship if you take residence in another country, you can lose citizenship is if you officially denounce your citizenship through a U.S. Embassy/Consulate or take up arms against the U.S.
Duel citizenship is legal as of about 8 years ago for an adult.

To obtain a JAA/ATPL depends on your experience, country of issue/application and the companys needs at the time.

Latest resources

Back