eSTMP.com for ski country slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Apache Guy

What is the deal with eSTMP.com? Has anyone used this website to get slots? Are they really able to compete with the frax when obtaining a slot?
Has anyone used it for slots?
Thanks,
Mel

Apache Guy said:
What is the deal with eSTMP.com? Has anyone used this website to get slots? Are they really able to compete with the frax when obtaining a slot?
Thanks,
Mel

Yeah..one frac in particular usually got most of the spots. However, this year the FAA is cracking down on the slot times. Same 72 hour in advance request period, however to eliminate unused slots (mainly by said fractional), you must re-confirm your slot time from 24 hours to no less than 8 hours before your departure time.

Also, the season for STMP has been reduced quite a bit. Here are the dates per AIN:

12/14/05 until 1/4/06
2/16/06 until 2/21/06
3/15/06 until 4/4/06
6/29/06 until 7/6/06 for ASE and EGE only

Double check with the FAA website on the dates, but hopefully this helps out some.

I've used both the on-line and telephone. Online is easier. It can be tough to go to popular places like Aspen at peak times. I have had decent luck in Aspen. There is an article in Aviation International News about this. There is some debate of the frax having some kind of automated system or many people working to get these slots.
One thing in the article that is interesting is a guy that ran a charter Co. and his experience trying to get a slot- He said he would set up mutiple browsers with the info all filled out and when the reservation time opened he would click on one browser only to find out that he was just a bit too early. When he would use the other browsers he had open, he would get a message that the slots were all full. The interesting thing is that when the FAA opens the slot time, they don't download all the slots at once. They actually come in small packets of slots over the course of a few seconds.
Moral of the story I guess is to be ready with all the info at go-time and don't give up just because it says no slots are available. Good luck.

Apache Guy said:
Thanks,
Mel

I have never used eSTMP for ski slots, our owners don't ski...thank god...but I have used it for every sporting event/convetion slot I have needed over the past several years. Never had a problem. I'd need a checklist to do it by phone.

I was not talking about the website at fly.faa.gov but a privately owned website that accepts slot requests a year in advance for STMP events including Final Four, Superbowl and what not.
It is NOT the FAA site you are talking about.

Apache Guy said:
I was not talking about the website at fly.faa.gov but a privately owned website that accepts slot requests a year in advance for STMP events including Final Four, Superbowl and what not.
It is NOT the FAA site you are talking about.

Never used it. Never had a problem with the FAA sponsored eSTMP site.

Apache Guy said:
OK well I pulled the trigger and requested slots for Presidents Day weekend in Aspen. Wish me luck.
And you won't know until 72 hours in advance if you've got them.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back