Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ganja60Heavy

what we talking about?
More Delta talent leaving despite the "retention" scheme (read "bankruptcy-proof pensions and other massive compensation packages for Delta executives")

Unfortunately, for everyone who really matters at Delta (pilots, F/A's, ramp workers, customer agents, etc.), this is serious business.

But for those 30 executives with golden parachutes, this is merely a hobby, and looks like Escarra decided "GAME OVER."

Wasn't she the VP in charge of Customer Service? DAL cust. Serv. is hardly better than McDonalds or Burger King. Perhaps a change is in order.

Looking at her bio, the year she joined Delta, and her current age being 51, she was hired at the age of 20. I have no idea if she had a college degree or not, as her tenure could have been interrupted to get the degree; not many can get a four year degree by age 20. A 31 year career at one company is very unusual in ANY business. I would have hoped she had something on the ball to rise to such a lofty position. I think she just said to herself, ‘enough is enough’.

jarhead said:
Looking at her bio, the year she joined Delta, and her current age being 51, she was hired at the age of 20. I have no idea if she had a college degree or not, as her tenure could have been interrupted to get the degree; not many can get a four year degree by age 20. A 31 year career at one company is very unusual in ANY business. I would have hoped she had something on the ball to rise to such a lofty position. I think she just said to herself, ‘enough is enough’.
Sounds like she was stuck in her old ways and Grinstein, etc. needed some change. It helps that she had a nice, golden parachute. Maybe she could join Leo up at his Martha's Vineyard compound and they could sip tea on his grand porch overlooking the bay and reflect back about the good ole days at Delta... Sounds nice.

Oh to be sure, a parachute makes a decision to bail out pretty easy.

Palerider957 said:
Wasn't she the VP in charge of Customer Service? DAL cust. Serv. is hardly better than McDonalds or Burger King. Perhaps a change is in order.
The real damage was done in the years she headed marketing when Leo Mullin was CEO. In one of the few smart moves of his tenure, GG demoted her back to Customer Serv.

jarhead said:
Looking at her bio, the year she joined Delta, and her current age being 51, she was hired at the age of 20.
She started out as a flight attendant.

FDJ2 said:
She started out as a flight attendant.

That thought had passed my mind when I read the news article about her retirement, but I did not know that for sure. Sometimes a 'gut' reaction is correct.

Must be rough to "bail" getting a ____million dollar severance. Can someone offer me that? I'll make that "tough decision" in 2 seconds.

capt. megadeth said:
Must be rough to "bail" getting a ____million dollar severance. Can someone offer me that? I'll make that "tough decision" in 2 seconds.

Probably not, but I'd bet dollars to donuts you'd take it if your MEC could negotiate it for you.
:)

Latest resources

Back