Erratic acting DAL stew pulled by TSA from flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Delta Airlines said it has pulled a flight attendant from a Buffalo-to-Atlanta flight Wednesday morning because a security screener thought he was acting erratically and might not be fit to fly.

Delta told local media in Buffalo that the Transportation Security Administration reported the potential problem after the crew was screened before Flight 1266's scheduled departure at 6:15 a.m.

The airline didn't detail the actions that worried the screener, but said there was no security threat. Passengers hadn't yet boarded the plane. It left three hours late with a replacement for the attendant.

The episode comes just more than a week after a JetBlue Airways captain broke down on a New York-to-Las Vegas flight that had to be diverted to Amarillo, Texas, for an emergency landing.

If the JetBlue incident never had happened, I bet the TSA wouldn't of thought twice about the F.A.'s behaviour. Great, everything we say and do while in uniform is going to be scrutinized by everyone. Maybe this F.A. needed to be prevented from flying but me wonders if this is going to get out of control.

Last edited:
I'm going to start wearing big black floppy shoes, a rainbow colored afro wig, and a red nose through security. Might as well give them a show to remember.

Scoreboard,

So you are just doing the normal thing? Where's the fun in that?

Great, everything we say and do while in uniform is going to be scrutinized by everyone. Maybe this F.A. needed to be prevented from flying but me wonders if this is going to get out of control.

FAs have pulled this crap with passengers for too long. Glad to see them on the receiving end.

I have seen alot of stews act erratic. The best was the US Air skank who tossed 15 napkins in my face after I asked for one. I was a passenger flying KPIT to KBOS for a walk up fare of $1349.00. However, I was in Uniform so I guess that gave her the right. lol

Male F/A acting erratic?? Not only is that redundant - THAT'S PROFILING.

Last month I was out in L.A. With the wife and kids. We stayed in the crew hotel the last night of our vacation. While buying food at Panera Bread, a flight attendant (in uniform) was acting erratically, complaining that she should get an airline discount and mumbling incoherently. I nudged the wife to see what she thought. We both hoped she wasn't flying. We stepped next door to Trader Joes for some airplane snacks. When we got to the car we were parked next to the same flight attendant who was tipping back mini bottles and complaining loudly over the phone ( babbling really). I thought for a microsecond about saying something since I apparently would have to share the road with this drunk. I was unarmed and thought better of it. Sad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back