ERJ Vs. CRJ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mtnjam

I have been checking gouge's to American Eagle. Apparently they ask you about a certain restriction on one of the STAR's into DFW. Bonham arrival to be exact. They say you are flying the ERJ, not the CRJ, but the question has to do with some trick of one of them being a Turbo fan eng. vs. a Turbo Jet??? I'm confused Any info anyone............?

Mtnjam said:
I have been checking gouge's to American Eagle. Apparently they ask you about a certain restriction on one of the STAR's into DFW. Bonham arrival to be exact. They say you are flying the ERJ, not the CRJ, but the question has to do with some trick of one of them being a Turbo fan eng. vs. a Turbo Jet??? I'm confused Any info anyone............?
Aren't they both Turbo-Fan engines? Is anyone (besides the military) using/making true Turbo-Jet engines anymore?

The only difference that I could think of between the ERJ and CRJ is the authorization to use the GPS for approaches in the CRJ. We are only allowed to use the GPS enroute in the ERJ, no approaches. Look at it from that point of view once and see if you see something. Like Falcon Capt. said, both aircraft have turbofan engines. Good luck.

tk

The only difference I can think of regarding making a crossing restriction in the ERJ vs. CRJ is there being a speed limitation on the speed brakes for the CRJ? I don't fly the CRJ so that's just the word I've heard.

The only thing turbo-jet on either jet is the APU.

Nova said:
The only difference I can think of regarding making a crossing restriction in the ERJ vs. CRJ is there being a speed limitation on the speed brakes for the CRJ? I don't fly the CRJ so that's just the word I've heard.

The only thing turbo-jet on either jet is the APU.
There is no high-speed limitation on the flight spoilers on the CRJ. (At least the -200) The only thing I can think of is that I was told the ERJ doesn't have VNAV like the CRJ, so mabye they wanted you to figure out the crossing restriction using the mental math trick.

T-Gates said:
There is no high-speed limitation on the flight spoilers on the CRJ. (At least the -200) The only thing I can think of is that I was told the ERJ doesn't have VNAV like the CRJ, so mabye they wanted you to figure out the crossing restriction using the mental math trick.
ERJ DOES have VNAV. Too bad it cant be couple to the AP.

PacoPollo said:
ERJ DOES have VNAV. Too bad it cant be couple to the AP.
Well hell, I stand corrected. So much for second hand info. The VNAV we had on the -200 didn't couple either....would be nice

I wouldn't sweat it.

Unless you are currently flying one or the other, I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt they are expecting a 1200 hour guy to know the systems of either plane that well. Just know the stuff you are currently flying/operating under and you'll be fine.

You're reading WAY too much into that question. They don't ask trick questions, or at least they didn't with me. The question is to see if you can read the chart where it says the restrictions for the jets. That's it. You really don't need to stress this one - they go out of their way to make you feel relaxed. They do, however, expect you to know what you're talking about. Just be able to read a chart. And for Pete's sake, know the Gleim for the test. It isn't easy, but all the questions on the test are in that book. The gouges are very accurate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back