ERJ and CRJ RNP capable to what?

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
4:30
Does anyone know if the ERJ and CRJ are RNP capable? ...for apporaches and RF legs (Radius to Fix). I know rnav arrivals and departures are no problem but what about RNP?

Just curious.

Volasl

Total Time
CRJ is RNP capable. RNP value can be specified if not preloaded by entering the value on the FMS Prog Page.

4nm oceanic / remote
2nm enroute
1nm terminal
.3nm approach

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
Thanks. I know we didn't do RNP at Express but the ERJ was probably capable of it. Does anybody know down to what accuaracy?

yournextFO

Total Time
enough
CRJ with the Collins 4200 avionics and single FMS is NOT RNP certified. Can't speak to other configurations.

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
CRJ with the Collins 4200 avionics and single FMS is NOT RNP certified. Can't speak to other configurations.
Yeah I think a single fms is a killer on rnp.

LJ45

Total Time
The AFM should state what the Certified RNP level is. Just because the FMS is capable doesn't mean the whole avionics package is certified to that level or that you have operational approval.

AMANSWORLD

Total Time

Actually it is. It has to do with operations specifics and downloads for the database.

soardtk

Total Time
5000+
Actually it is. It has to do with operations specifics and downloads for the database.

Exactly. The aircraft's actual AFM has a lot more detail that the airlines leave out of their operating manuals. There are about 4 different databases that spell out what you can and can't do when it comes to RNP.