• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERAU Prescott CFI Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, its the fact that you guys cant stand up for yourselves and have to have a union do it. How many instructors do you have 50 - 100? Its a big difference when a airline has hundreds of pilots.

jesus...there's nothing to stand up for as a Riddle Instructor anyway. talk about a rough life. How many other CFIs do you know that got health benefits, retirement, guaranteed students, phase maintenance, etc?

Mind you all this happened before the Riddle kids thought they'd become cooler by being in a union.

bitememesa said:
jesus...there's nothing to stand up for as a Riddle Instructor anyway. talk about a rough life. How many other CFIs do you know that got health benefits, retirement, guaranteed students, phase maintenance, etc?

Mind you all this happened before the Riddle kids thought they'd become cooler by being in a union.

Minus the retirement, about 250 und CFI's...

still no union, no upgrade classes, no 135K tuition

greygoose said:
No, its the fact that you guys cant stand up for yourselves and have to have a union do it. How many instructors do you have 50 - 100? Its a big difference when a airline has hundreds of pilots.

My employer currently has about 300 CFI's. That's a small airline, that would probably have a union, if you ask me.

One of my buddies interviewd to be an instructor here in DAB and he said it kicked his ass...basically they asked some off the wall questions that didn't make any sense. You have a leg up on others if you did your training with ERAU. Otherwise...its tough. Good luck.

Hilarious!!

Metro752 said:
http://ihateerauprescott.blogspot.com/

I always wondered why some airline pilots cringed when I said I wanted to go to "Embry Riddle" when I was like 10.

EDIT: Work is work though :)

Just reading the complaints of this site made me cringe. Its all true. Especially the girl to guy ratio. I graduated there 5 years ago, I told my friends that not only will I not visit them in Prescott, I'm not even going to Fly over the M*FKER!

It is a good place to come from, I have a few good friends and great connections.

The Natural said:
Just reading the complaints of this site made me cringe. Its all true. Especially the girl to guy ratio. I graduated there 5 years ago, I told my friends that not only will I not visit them in Prescott, I'm not even going to Fly over the M*FKER!

It is a good place to come from, I have a few good friends and great connections.

Have you read the DAB one? Thats the original!

Steveair said:
Minus the retirement, about 250 und CFI's...

still no union, no upgrade classes, no 135K tuition

It seems like its time to beat the dead horse until he dies again.

BYU I'm sure you already had the interview and I hope it went well. ERAU-PRC is filled with great people and as long as you stick your neck out you can make pretty good money, build quality time and create some great connections.

Prescott is often a tough town to get used to for those from larger cities, but with happy hours and from 3pm-2am between 12+bars all withing walking distance of each other you can have a good time. Don't look at the university to supply the females, but there are quite a few locals (ofcourse you do have to sift through the hippies and cowpokes to find them).

I instructed there for 2 years. Part time for the first and full time the second. I'm a lazy bast*rd and still managed to leave with 1300/550 and a W2 showing 14k for the first six months plus 3.5k in vacation payout. Full (Cheap!) Health, Dental, Vision, FAA Medical Coverage. 401k with great matching/bonus. Paid Holidays, Paid Snow Days, 2 weeks paid vacation to start + a 3rd week paid when they close between Christmas and New Years.

Look positively at the upgrade classes. Free/Paid flight time to go up with someone who knows what they're doing and get some pointers to hit the ground running with the confidence in yourself that you are a safe and effective instructor.

Steveair:

I've been to Grand Forks and seen their facilities, some nice stuff, but since the erau blog was posted I have to post this as well. http://www.und-fraud.com

Latest resources

Back