• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

merikeyegro

(Cross-posted on Employment Intel)

ERAU-Daytona Conducting FL Job Fairs

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Daytona Beach will be conducting on-site interviews shortly. We are looking to hire between 40-60 full-time flight instructors for the upcoming school year. We will be conducting interviews in the following cities (with associated dates, times, and locations):

- Jacksonville, FL (6/22-6/23 from 0900-1200, 1400-1800) - Clarion Hotel Airport; 2101 Dixie Clipper Dr. (904-741-1997)

- Miami, FL (6/22-6/23 from 0900-1200, 1400-1800) - Wyndham Miami Airport; 3900 NW 21st St. (305-871-3800)

- Tampa, FL (6/22-6/23 from 0900-1200, 1400-1800) - Sheraton Suites Airport; 440 W Cypress St. (813-357-6135)

- Savannah, GA (6/26-6/27 from 0900-1200, 1400-1800) - Marriott Courtyard; 415 W Liberty St. (912-790-8287)

- Daytona Beach, FL (7/10-7/11 from 0900-1200, 1330-1800) - Indigo Lakes Banquet Center; 312 Indigo Drive (386-254-3607)

Minimum requirements for the job are:

- Bachelor's degree
- CFI and CFI-I
- Ability to legally work in U.S. (ERAU will sponsor international work visas)

ERAU offers the following pay and benefits to all new, full-time employees:

- $15.50 per student contact hour with contractual raises (IAMAW contract)
- Paid holidays (on university calendar)
- Full coverage medical (PPO or HMO) and vision for individuals and families
- Varying coverages for dental
- Free tuition up to 18 graduate credits or 21 undergraduate credits per year
- 403(b) retirement program at 8:3 matching (yes, you read that right)
- Promotions at 750 & 1200 dual

We forecast increased business for the fall and are in the process of upgrading our entire fleet of C172s to G1000 cockpits (which are quite nice - started my training this morning). All aircraft are also equipped with top-notch avionics and ADS-B traffic avoidance hardware and software (NEXRAD also available in ADS-B-equipped aircraft).

If you are interested, please plan to attend one of these fairs. If you cannot attend, I strongly suggest that you apply at www.erau.edu/er/erhr/index.html immediately. If you have questions, please contact Chuck Kelley (HR-Flight) at 386-226-4956.

We hope to see you here shortly. Best of luck...

Didn't realize that ERAU flight instructing was actually a decent gig. How many contact hours do the instructors average?

it wasnt! no I never instructed there. Instructed somewhere else with other Riddle guys/gals. Atmosphere was very laid back. Enjoyed my time instructing while it lasted. Flew when I want and didnt have to put up with Riddle B.S. which everyone that went there knows what Im talking about at the "flight line." Dont get me wrong, great school but the flight dept has problems. This coming from experience with my 5 years there and also this coming from the instructors who used to teach at the flight dept before leaving b/c of the b.s.

Now if you dont believe me, then fly at Riddle and let me know if the b.s. still exists at the famous Flight Line.

By the way, does Horrace still work there?

Man, I haven't ever seen people work so hard to keep people from getting flight time at rather decent rates...

If you haven't worked at ERAU since April '05, then your comments are obsolete. They dumped all the bums. Pretty good place now. I've been here for quite some time (and probably know you, coincidentally). Not much "BS" around here anymore. Although, Horace Miller is still here. He's a little different now, however...

To answer another's question, your contact time varies depending on your qualifications and time spent working. Your work week can be from 45-70 hours per week. Obviously, WX and other problems can shorten your effective time. The average contact time for minimum work is probably in the 55-65 hr range for a 2-week period. We have IPs, however, regularly getting 120-150 hours during the year. Still around 100-110 in the summertime. It's all what you make of it.

Please ignore the negative postings here. Probably a former student that we likely wronged in some way (and there were plenty) that hasn't worked here. It's quite different on the other side of the counter. Apply if you're interested. We're looking forward to seeing you. Thanks.

merikeyegro said:
Man, I haven't ever seen people work so hard to keep people from getting flight time at rather decent rates...

If you haven't worked at ERAU since April '05, then your comments are obsolete. They dumped all the bums. Pretty good place now. I've been here for quite some time (and probably know you, coincidentally). Not much "BS" around here anymore. Although, Horace Miller is still here. He's a little different now, however...

To answer another's question, your contact time varies depending on your qualifications and time spent working. Your work week can be from 45-70 hours per week. Obviously, WX and other problems can shorten your effective time. The average contact time for minimum work is probably in the 55-65 hr range for a 2-week period. We have IPs, however, regularly getting 120-150 hours during the year. Still around 100-110 in the summertime. It's all what you make of it.

Please ignore the negative postings here. Probably a former student that we likely wronged in some way (and there were plenty) that hasn't worked here. It's quite different on the other side of the counter. Apply if you're interested. We're looking forward to seeing you. Thanks.

After graduating in '00 I can second that if we're not there and we're flying, it's likely that we are in a better place. ERAU is a descent place to come from, a less than ideal experience.

With that said, I am pleased to have attended there, (after a transfer) and I am elated to not be there now.

EMB170Pilot said:
who the f cares

biggest waste of time when I was there.

thank god i never entered their "bridge programs"

lets see

crappy life at ASA.......... skywest's biaaaaaaaaatch

crappy life at ACA........ oh thats right they dont exist

haha true that

Latest resources

Back