• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ERAU career fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since I live 45 mins away, I went on day one out of morbid curiousity. It was worthwhile if only to network for when things pick up again. A real mixed bag. I think if any pilot showed up expecting to get hired, they walked away very dissapointed.
ATA's booth was manned by engineer recruiters, Colgan by a maintainer. Pinnacle had a few FOs as window dressing at the Gulfstream Academy booth. "Hey, were taking resumes and hiring today!" "Oh, I'm sorry, you need to go through Gulfstream Academy's buy-a-type-rating course first." Colgan Air, same thing, only taking guys who mortgaged their left nut Tab or RAA. ASA didn't even want to broach the subject. The one surprise was Chicago Express. They were taking resumes.

I remember back in the day when all the majors showed up taking resumes for interns. Plus ASA and ACA were there promoting their "Bridge Programs". Are they still doing those? Obviously no one is bridging at ACA with the furloughs. I hear that ASA stopped theirs as well(a few years ago).

I landed an internship at US Airways thru the career fair a few years ago...Guarenteed interview with any of their wholly owned carriers once I met mins...still waiting for that interview...

Just remember... only military fags use the term maintainer...Call me back when you get a few years of experience ynder your belt.

Thedude said:
Just remember... only military fags use the term maintainer...Call me back when you get a few years of experience ynder your belt.

Takes one to know one. Good thing for you the civilian market has always been 'don't ask, don't tell'.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back