Era in ANC for sale......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
580's Rock

Alaska Air group is NOT in the mix of potential buyers. That rumor has been around a while, mostly propagated by ERA employees who WISH it was true. Officially, Rowan is doing research on ERA's fair market value. If they happen to find a buyer along the way, so be it. They looked into splitting RW from FW, but it has not happened and probably won't. If it sells, it will be all of it, including the gulf. There have been over a dozen tire kickers, the biggest players being another helio company and a Alaska Native corperation.

If a Native Corp buys them, hang a "closed" sign on the door now. I have been in Alaska most of my life, and I have never seen a native corp do anything but wreck companies, pilfer profits and go out of business. Every ERA employee I know hopes and prays that the Natives don't buy them...
I wish them the best, there are some great guys there. Men who have been there 20 to 30 years, flying 580's and twatters all over the state.

AK737FO said:
Alaska Air group is NOT in the mix of potential buyers. That rumor has been around a while, mostly propagated by ERA employees who WISH it was true. Officially, Rowan is doing research on ERA's fair market value. If they happen to find a buyer along the way, so be it. They looked into splitting RW from FW, but it has not happened and probably won't. If it sells, it will be all of it, including the gulf. There have been over a dozen tire kickers, the biggest players being another helio company and a Alaska Native corperation.

If a Native Corp buys them, hang a "closed" sign on the door now. I have been in Alaska most of my life, and I have never seen a native corp do anything but wreck companies, pilfer profits and go out of business. Every ERA employee I know hopes and prays that the Natives don't buy them...
I wish them the best, there are some great guys there. Men who have been there 20 to 30 years, flying 580's and twatters all over the state.
AKFO,

Alaska Air Group DID come through the facility or is next week, this is not a rumor that just surfaced - this came from reliable sources in Management (CP, etc), and actually I hardly believe AS would ever buy this company because of the RW division and many other reasons. There are people here who are pesimistic about it and others that aren't.
From what I understand QX does not have the capacity to cover Era's routes currently, but possibly that could change if the Air Group ever did the buy.

There are guys here that argue that AS wants ERA, I ask them a few questions, Does QX need 9 Twatters, 3 old Dash 8's and 2 aging CV's? VERY SIMPLE - NO, do they need Era to fly Era's routes out of ANC? NO But just my look at the issue................ The only thing QX could use if they were to come up is the hangar and that definately is not a reason to fork over a ton of cash. :)

Latest resources

Back