Epaulet Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cougar6903

Does the gold or silver color of epaulets have any type of significance? I know how it works with the bar's ( 2 for FE, 3 for FO's, etc) but does it being Silver or Gold mean anything?

Silver is usually for second place/rate pilots......
Gold is reserved for the top notch guys...

No, on a serious note......it is just what someone decided would look best on that particular company's uniforms. It doesnt have any bearing on capt./fo, etc.

deez_nutz2000 said:

Oh my, DEEZ... ;)

You may have just caused about 80 heart attacks with that statement. I'm waiting to see as to how many respond to you with personal attacks, without reading the second part of you post. HA!

I was going to say the same thing but I didn't want to dis the SWA folks.(Still repaying them for all the jumpseats from IND-STL!)TC

deez_nutz2000 said:

No, on a serious note......it is just what someone decided would look best on that particular company's uniforms. It doesnt have any bearing on capt./fo, etc.
In spirit of the Olympic Games, gold goes to first place, silver second place, bronze third place. What? What did I say? Just going along with Deez humor, that's all.

Who the hell wears bronze?

What's with some airlines allowing male flight attendants to wear pilot uniforms, with two bars meaning "flight attendant"?

How do the F.E.'s still out there feel about this? I know it threw me for a curve the first time I saw it...

Some foreign airlines start out the "boy pilots" with 1 stripe...For riding observation in the cockpit...After they are qualified in the right seat, second stripe...After 5000 hours, third stripe and 80% of captains pay.

As for silver and gold...It should be in the bank account if ya picked the right ariline...The stripes on yer shoulders should indicate how many ex-wifes ya have.:D

Then you've got the PFT folks who wear epaulettes. Each one stands for $10,000 that they wasted. 3 stripes = $30,000 wasted on PFT!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back