• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Envoy Wants RW pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

[FONT=&quot]It nice to see recruiters finally get the big picture. I know the fixed wing brotherhood looks down on the helo drivers as lessor pilots, I mean they have never been to FL410, or done a M.78 descent. But hovering into a dark LZ on goggles is much more demanding of a pilot?s skills than shooting a Cat II approach. Someone has to figure out why uninformed management knuckleheads don't view a multi-crew Captain time in an advanced IFR helo like the H-60, H-46, H-53 or H-47 as not real flight time. However, PIC in a VFR only C-150 in the traffic pattern is the breakfast of champions for an airline career by those who set hard fixed wing limits and ignore helo time in total time[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Why are most management and insurance company?s sooooo waaaayyyy out of touch with reality? Ops I am sorry I was management bashing again[/FONT]

The RW people should do OK. They just need to know that they'll be on unfamiliar ground for a while...and apply themselves accordingly.

A friend of mine who ran a university flight program for decades said they had a number of post-VN RW people come through, do fine and eventually move on to an airline.

No one is born knowing this stuff.

I think it's interesting a regional is shaking a new branch of the bushes to see what falls out.

Can the 500 hour r-ATP be far behind ?

The RW people should do OK. They just need to know that they'll be on unfamiliar ground for a while...and apply themselves accordingly.

A friend of mine who ran a university flight program for decades said they had a number of post-VN RW people come through, do fine and eventually move on to an airline.

No one is born knowing this stuff.

I think it's interesting a regional is shaking a new branch of the bushes to see what falls out.

Can the 500 hour r-ATP be far behind ?
Funny story we hired a high time ex Army Helo driver, he is in the right seat on his second sim session shooting an ILS and he was lifting up the left arm rest to try and get back on glide slop. It didn't work, we told him to store the arm rest. He did just fine

Do the mil pilots who fly RW start in the service by completing FW UPT...and then go to RW ?

The Army folks just go directly into RW ?

Army all RW. Navy/USMC get about 100 Hr FW and an inst rating before starting RW. Don't know about USAF

Do the mil pilots who fly RW start in the service by completing FW UPT...and then go to RW ?

The Army folks just go directly into RW ?

Direct RW. A FW transition was the brass ring for us attack types. No TA-50! Runways with buildings all around. Porcelain!

But I do miss the Hawk.....

So, the USN people enlist with RW as a goal ?

So, the USN people enlist with RW as a goal ?

Needs of the service. You ask for what you want and get what they need. Nearly 50% of Navy pilots fly helos.

Needs of the service. You ask for what you want and get what they need.

I suppose that makes a few people unhappy ? Can they move to FW after a tour in RW ?

Does the USAF do much RW ? Not 50% like the USN, I assume ?

Latest resources

Back