• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Entry-level KA200 PDK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no king air is type certificated for 2 crew, I could be wrong wouldn't be the first and Im sure it will not be the last.

Anyway to get the type certification for king airs some where on the net

no king air is type certificated for 2 crew, I could be wrong wouldn't be the first and Im sure it will not be the last.

Anyway to get the type certification for king airs some where on the net

I haven't taken the time to look it up but I think the 300's and 350's are certified under both part 23 and part 25 depending upon how many seats are installed... if you have more than 9 pax seats then you need two pilots. Again this from hazy memory...

Magic.
the KA 300 and 350 do require two pilots , but have the ability to get single pilot qualified

its the other way around. the plane requires ONE pilot, but that ONE pilot can be required to have an SIC...

PM Sent

I'm interested. I would want to see some clarification on the SIC requirement, but from where I'm sitting any job is better than no job. PM Sent.

Guys,
I hope some of you have glass bellybuttons . . . 'cause you've got your heads way up your *****! Yes, some King Airs require two pilots and a type rating. The 200 does not. However, the insurance underwriter may require two pilots for the airplane. Especially, considering the amount of liability insurance that a company like Aaron's is going to carry for their executive pax. This is also a great time building gig for anyone who has the foresight to take the job. The pay is slightly low, but it is probonly more than you could ever make as a CFI. And yes, you can log all the time you are on the stick.

None of the King Air series requires an SIC its all type certified for single pilot ops.

Now insurance may require the company to have 2 pilots in the cockpit, but that dosn't mean the guy in the right seat can log SIC time. Your just there as a warm body to make some insurance guy happy.

Well, I disagree with you on that one. I currently fly a 350 and one of our pilots is typed but does not have the single pilot endorsement. With that said, he requires a SIC to be legal.

Just my .02

It's a great way to build time and get your foot in the door. Also, remember that even though "you can't log it," you CAN log ANYTHING you want to in your logbook as long as your not trying to prove that time as required time for an FAA license or requirement.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back