• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

enough!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello Guys. Thanks for all your input. The question WHY do I not fly anymore. Well, Aviation used to be a Good Career. I've been a Chief Pilot for two 135 airlines. Been around the world with 14,000 hours in the air in 25 years. A lot of fun times were had. And At Emery we worked about 12 days a month for OVER $120,000 a year. GREAT JOB and we were paid very well like Professionals. I love flying, but after Emery Locked Us Out, (they did not go out of business) (Thank You ALPA) I lost everythink I had, you know pilots- divorce, lost house, car, money, Bla Bla Bla...Well nowdays just to buy a crappy place to live in the West is about one million dollars for a cracker box home, so you have to make some LARGE Cash, and nobody wants to pay it in aviation. Now I live in a 23' RV after having a 6000 sq foot home. No worries, Im a free man. I would like to fly again, but its gotta be worth more than 50-60K a year for 21+ days away from home. Pay me like a professional pilot, $150,000 -$200,000 a year, so I can have self respect, or forget it. SO I did. I like being in Films, TV shows and Comedy. At least in the entertainment business there is a chance of $$$$$...Look Howard Stern is making ONE Hundred Million Dollars a Year for 5 years. Yep, $500,000,000.. Now were talking. Thanks Guys...And the F/O, well who wants to look at another guy on the net, if was a cute girl like my cast of Canekeepers, OK but......Hope this answers the Million Dollar Questions....V1...Rotate..V2...Positive Rate...Gear UP !!!!

www.caneman.tv

Last edited:
I showed it to some of my non-flying friends and they laughed their arses off. I really do think it reminds me of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" I swear it does.

But the gloves...why the gloves...?

I finnaly figured out who this reminds me of....That grizzly bear guy who would live up in the Alaska woods all summer, naming grizzlys and establishing relationships with them - until one of them ate the guy and his girlfriend. Same bizzare mannerisms, same proclivity to have deep self-narrated conversations on camera.

The video was great... wish there was more. My question is whats the story about the F/O... and who was the forth guy... why was he not on the video? DC8Jetdog73 is just makeing the best out of the cards he was delt. Good attitude.

LegacyDriver said:
I showed it to some of my non-flying friends and they laughed their arses off. I really do think it reminds me of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" I swear it does.

EXACTLY.

I was rolling. He has to be a riot to fly with.

Spicoli lives.

You guys should go to his homepage and read how he got to where he is today. Very interesting chain of events.

Thanks IFlyFL410. ALL YOU guys are great here. Thanks for the guys who are sticking up for me. Like I said, Its just comedy. Can't a guy have some fun. Yes the video was taken by a jump seater, and for ALL YOU GODS that dont know a DC8, Well, there OLD Planes and stuff just goes off, like the Sink Rate, when you make a Short Field Landing. The runway in the video was 6000'. I guess guys in the B777 and A340's and Such Jets don't get to fly much, as they just push the buttons. Easy Money, But you lose the seat of your pants skills. Once a freight dog, alwasy a freight dog. WE dogs get it in BY HAND Flying when others can't. Like to 100 Overcast - RVR1800 or less in heavy jets, AND YES Hand Flying. These DC8 autopilots go out quit often, and dont always work as well as hand flying on the approaches.

Look at my Cessna Video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5726382945510200350

And My Rocket Video too. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4757040929562597768&q=CANEMAN

www.caneman.tv

Last edited:
Great videos. Keep making them and I'll keep watching them.

It's great to see someone with a good attitude and sense of humor.

Keep rocking on caneman and don't pay any attention to some of the a**wipes around here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back