Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetpipeovht

Doug's drunk buddy
The only way for us to have leverage over all this chaos among us is to UNITE ALL ALPA pilots and just walk off the job saying ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

What most of us fail to see that in a population of 295,000,000 people only 639,000 of us are licensed pilots and that is including recreational to ATP. We have this country by the balls if we just walk off the job on any given day.

Then they will listen, then we will get what we deserve. Right now our union is spineless and compared to other unions we are a joke. If Opec can sit in a conference room discussing wether they will cut production of oil and raise the price to 75.00 a barrel, why can't airlines do the same with fares? Oil goes up fares go up. All airlines sitting in a conference room discussing wether they should raise fares by 20.00 bucks across the board! People will pay it!

We just sit here lowballing one another so joe schmoe can travel for 29 bucks!! We all just keep bending over takin it in the @ss while the CEO's and executives fund their bonuses and golden parachutes with our jobs, wages and pensions. When is this "all about me mentality" end? When we have nothing? I am ashamed to be a part of a union full of corrupt spineless cowards and I am sure that I am not the only one that feels this way.

If something like this were to happen, Air Tran, SWA, Jet Blue would not even have the time nor the resources to pick up the slack. Internationally we would be shut down since none of the traditional low cost carriers even fly across the ponds.

UNITE AND STOP THIS MADNESS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!

ABOLISH ALPA AND PUT DWAYNE IN PRISON!! LET'S CLEAN HOUSE AND TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!!

Last edited:
If I were in a position to do it i would but my airline wants to slice of half and make another red headed stepchild. Didn't Song just fail? Can't imagine Ted is doing much better. Previously anything with the name "shuttle" didn't last all that long. The majors need to listen to Jetpipe!!!

The British are coming!

Jetpipeovht said:
The only way for us to have leverage over all this chaos among us is to UNITE ALL ALPA pilots and just walk off the job saying ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Right.

Just like when PATCO walked off their jobs? You know, where would they find more controllers...?

And then they all got fired.

If you think Pres. Bush would allow such nonsense for more than one minute you be smokin' sumptin funny.

Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.

mar said:
Right.

Just like when PATCO walked off their jobs? You know, where would they find more controllers...?

And then they all got fired.

If you think Pres. Bush would allow such nonsense for more than one minute you be smokin' sumptin funny.

Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.

You tend to forget that PATCO jeopardized the safety of air travel. We would not jeopardize that at all since the planes wouldn't be flyin. Even if there were enough to replace us it would take months to train and get flyin. Our country would shut down and the only one flyin would be Bush and AF-1 with his head in his @ss.

Last edited:
Jetpipeovht said:
why can't airlines do the same with fares? Oil goes up fares go up. All airlines sitting in a conference room discussing wether they should raise fares by 20.00 bucks across the board! !!

Maybe because it is against U.S. law.

Jetpipeovht said:

More Sh!t Talking. Do you feel better now?

The end result

Jetpipeovht said:
You tend to forget that PATCO jeopardized the safety of air travel.

Jeopardized air safety?

But Reagan fired them anyway....

Sorry man, I ain't throwin' away my job for a lost cause.

The problems in the industry are really more complicated than rich kids with SJS.

Good luck.

The ALPA pilots have spoken. They won't do a thing to improve their situation if it will jeapordize their jobs. ALPA is finished.TC

:beer: SWAPA!! We need SWAPA

Did the math

I used the numbers posted above- that means that pilots account for less than 1% of the US population. He has a good point.

There are so many "factions" in the industry that have their own agenda -airline mgmt., the unions, lobbyists, etc. Not much unity, even with ALPA. They have not accomplished anything at our carrier in four years of negotiations. (Except take dues out of my check each month).

Wihout some change, this divide and conquer mentality will prevail. I personally don't want to see my regional carrier grow at the expense of the mainline. (Just so I can fly a 90-120 seat for minimum wage). I'll fly anything with wings for better wages- I don't care what it looks like.

The "Shiny Jet Syndrome" that our mgmt. is always taunting us with is only attractive when you are a probationary new hire. Where does it stop? A CRJ 900, CRJ 1500, CRJ 2000. Before long they'll have a 300 seat version that they want us to fly for $14/hr. It would be much better to see the mainline carriers pull their collective heads out of their a@#, raise rates, stop the downsizing and furloughing.

When I started flying ten years ago, the "dream" was not to be making 20-30K a year for the rest of my career, but a decent living wage that I can survive on. I will never encourage my children to pursue this job unless their is huge change in the near future. If I have to stay where I am any longer I may as well start a lawn care business and make 2-3 times the money with less stress.

Price fixing is illegal, yes. But what would be so hard to just have an industry conference where there is some agreement to have ticket costs reflect actual expenses.

When the price of gas goes up at the local Chevron station- you don't see the service station manager tell all of the employees that they are getting wage cuts. He sends a junior employee out with a ladder and they raise rates in less than the time it took for you to read this post.

Latest resources

Back