• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Flow for New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You were talking about Endeavor. They will soon be a CRJ900 operator exclusively. Then you said there was no reason to continue to prop them up when they can just replace their RJs with 717s. I assume you meant 88 717s would be enough to backfill a potential of 100+ CRJ9s. Then taking into account the rest of the Delta Connection fleet of large RJs that total well over 200.

Ah I think I see where the confusion might lie. I'm being very sarcastic in both posts but lacing some truth in there, and its very confusing. Im just being absurd about Endeavor being down to two pilots and one 900, I would love to see the remaining Endeavor pilots have that sort of leverage because everyone left but right now they aren't losing pilots quite that fast.

Yes, sometime next year its hard to imagine any 50seaters left on property, but with current attrition, theyll be able to fly 100-120 900s. Other regionals will continue flying their 900s and 700s for delta. Delta wants the 50seater lift shrunk (I think to about 50), the lift will be picked up by 717s. Now some routes will go away, Delta hasnt been shy about telling customers to drive 3 hours to another, bigger, airport because they are stopping service to their town. So between reduced service and bigger airplanes they'll cover it with 717s. I feel like they can always bring more 717s or 319s on. Delta will have months to fix problems, and this failure at Endeavor (as much as it sucks for those still there) isn't a big enough problem for Delta to fix it.

Thought it was obvious... I was talking about the mainline management that has managed to squeeze pay and benefits so low through their RFP process that it's getting harder to find suckers willing to enter servitude at their regional feed. It's funny how they continue to preach the need for cuts/cost competitiveness for the crews while they reward themselves with ever increasing salaries, benefits, and bonuses.
Just look at the shenanigans Delta management has been pulling at Endeavor to see just how far they're willing to go to marginalize our "profession".

I think this summarizes the issue neatly. Looking at the AC flown by this writer, I would say that is Excellant experience. As a chief pilot, I would say barring any major bodies in the closet this pilot should be hired. Unfortunately, His bio says civilian, so let's be honest. He will be low priority at best, for a position with Delta. Now Delta can say there standards are their own business but the next time we have airplane parts raining down because one of their college boys never learned to fly, the restrictions on lawsuits should be lifted. Furthermore, if DALPA pilots knowingly support a flawed hiring system, why should this person or anyone in a similier position support or respect any labor action by DALPA pilots?

Furthermore, if DALPA pilots knowingly support a flawed hiring system...

Does DALPA have any voice in who gets hired or under what circumstances/criteria ? Isn't than purely a management function...mainline or regional ?

Does DALPA have any voice in who gets hired or under what circumstances/criteria ? Isn't than purely a management function...mainline or regional ?

Exactly. DL hires pilots via their HR team and they set the policies. Right now they seem hell bent on hiring pilots with 3.0 College GPAs or better. That is what THEY have decided. They also created the EtD program.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Exactly. DL hires pilots via their HR team and they set the policies.

If people want to assign blame for misdirected hiring policy, blame the correct people. Otherwise, the accusation has no validity.

I can go back 40+ years to find fault with what DL HR cubicle droids have done.

I'd best stop right here...

Exactly. DL hires pilots via their HR team and they set the policies. Right now they seem hell bent on hiring pilots with 3.0 College GPAs or better. That is what THEY have decided. They also created the EtD program.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nobody cares. You're talking to yourself.

It should be a lesson though, that while the Delta biz model at Endeavor has completely failed, they will make no meaningful effort to attract or retain their pilots. It makes no financial sense to prop up Endeavor even after bringing every function under Deltas blanket without violating dual carrier status.

QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you may be right. Just look at Comair. Delta paid 2 Billion dollars for them and eventually closed them down with a gain of Zero dollars. Not quite the best financial decision. So losing billions of dollars to prove a point (low wages in this case) is not beyond them.

I'm sorry, but raising regional wages at Endeavor IS financially possible from Delta. You guys make so little now, a small percentage increase (especially for the FOs) would be a drop in the bucket to a huge, Fortune 500 company making several billion dollars in profit every year. But instead, they prefer slave wages and newhire classes show how popular that decision is..

You have to hand it to Delta. Only Delta can get a pilot group to vote 85% yes, publish a fleet plan/end-state of 81 CR9s, and still get a portion of pilots to actually believe they'll keep as many CR2s as they can staff. Delta = pure genius. 40-45 pilots leaving per month? Perfect for Delta, as they bring Endeavor down to 81 planes which is approx 950 total pilots. In fact, if there are 1850 pilots on property today, Delta wants ~900 pilots gone by end of 2015. Raise pay? Why? Delta is getting exactly what it wants from Endeavor. Only pilots make the mistake of thinking things aren't going according to plan. For Delta, it literally can't get any better. They'll let the rate reset debacle happen at other DCI carriers, force them to do it lower costs than before, and end of 2015 shut down Endeavor. Latest end 2016. By 2017, the only Endeavor Air that will exist is Mel Gibson's in 'Ransom'

Latest resources

Back