• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Air-(Pinnacle, Colgan, Mesaba)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, just 69% of them voted for concessions, and over 300 didn't vote I believe, so you still lead the race to the bottom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We are not comair!! Not even close to comair.

No, Comair was a good airline. I still can't believe they were given Mesaba to ruin when they couldn't manage Pinnacle. Maybe that was the plan. Delta was sure they'd f it up.

No, Comair was a good airline. I still can't believe they were given Mesaba to ruin when they couldn't manage Pinnacle. Maybe that was the plan. Delta was sure they'd f it up.

Well at least some of the senior Mesaba guys got a win on the SLI and the fences, since that's all that will be left. Pump what's left of Mesaba up to about 80-90 airplanes and try selling her off. Or Endeavor, whatever it is now.

All of this crap comes from Mainline top brass beating down hard on the people who really keep things moving, like for example ground handling companies who keep getting fired and rehired at lower and lower rates. Exactly mirrors what they are trying with their regional partners, and it has to stop somewhere. How the hell can they expect the best performance from any employee if they feel so undervalued?
What has been the result with DGS for example? Completely useless at many stations. They simply don't show up to work!
Will this be the new modus operandi for the regional airline pilot?
We are totally undervalued, underpaid and come January will have to work more and be paid less!
Any regional pilot worth his salt (9E excepted because they already showed their cards) has to stand up and call time on this, and say " find someone else to do it" Good luck with that. Take our planes and see how staffing works out.

Supply and demand. I think the ball will soon land in our court. Patience is a virtue, and that's why I think we should just say to the company..."call us back when you have modified your outlook. Consider your response at your leisure. FUFN."

Good on Eagle for starting it off, but you guys are still in BK I think, so that's a negative. XJT, well, we are next up. Take it down if necessary, all the way, because this job does not warrant one cent less for the professional and skilled services we provide.

End of story. Stand United.

All of this crap comes from Mainline top brass beating down hard on the people who really keep things moving, like for example ground handling companies who keep getting fired and rehired at lower and lower rates. Exactly mirrors what they are trying with their regional partners, and it has to stop somewhere. How the hell can they expect the best performance from any employee if they feel so undervalued?
What has been the result with DGS for example? Completely useless at many stations. They simply don't show up to work!
Will this be the new modus operandi for the regional airline pilot?
We are totally undervalued, underpaid and come January will have to work more and be paid less!
Any regional pilot worth his salt (9E excepted because they already showed their cards) has to stand up and call time on this, and say " find someone else to do it" Good luck with that. Take our planes and see how staffing works out.

Supply and demand. I think the ball will soon land in our court. Patience is a virtue, and that's why I think we should just say to the company..."call us back when you have modified your outlook. Consider your response at your leisure. FUFN."

Good on Eagle for starting it off, but you guys are still in BK I think, so that's a negative. XJT, well, we are next up. Take it down if necessary, all the way, because this job does not warrant one cent less for the professional and skilled services we provide.

End of story. Stand United.

Unity? I've heard it well spoken of on web boards. There will always be a pilot to take your place, there is no pilot shortage, and the company will always win.

If you are seriously in a situation like we were, Pinnacle, and you choose to shutter the doors and go the way of so many other airlines when you can keep working for another year until another airline hires you? Good luck. Some of us have wives and kids and won't be moving back in with the folks when given a chance to continue to make a wage which supports us. The only red line in the sand is crossing a picket line, and most of those guys who did it at CO are still there working. Stupid people on this board will try to elevate accepting a concessionary contract in bankruptcy as crossing a picket line. That's a good thing, it actually lets you know who the morons are. Hissy fits and temper tantrums screaming "I'm gonna die if I don't get that Matchbox car" worked on your folks because they were lazy and didn't want to raise you up to be a big boy. The rest of us have to put on our big boy pants and deal with the REAL WORLD.

Pinnacle is not special, we don't provide anything for Delta that they can't get from another airline in a few months. Some of you are convinced that "OMG if Pinnacle doesn't keep running Delta can't sustain the lift!" They kept us going AND can't sustain the lift. They. Don't. Care. Whoever is cheapest wins, so Republic and GoJet's I'd just keep those heads down because while all of us try to scrape along you two are going to get all the aircraft. Skywest will probably be the biggest winner because they'll reset the rates automatically AND still have a couple hundred million in the bank after it's all said and done.

Just pray if you have a union they draw out the inevitable. Many of you misunderstand a simple concept about unions. The union can't save your job, they can just give you an above market wage if you work real hard, and they can slow the company down from taking that wage if they play things real smart. Unions are great, I don't want to be without one. Unions can't fix the industry because you can't corral all the pilots and make them stand lock step. That's an economic and sociological reality.

Play along, let them "compete" and leave in a year or two. Yup it'll happen at the next airline too, except you'll have a bigger paycheck and more days off- still better. (The keyboard warriors will be there too, and we'll all have to get along.)

Maybe you think we'll all be hanging out at the gate ready to start flying so we can get to that 10 hour overnight (was 14 until the weather came in) rejoicing about the time you all stood together on flight info and declared you were going to stop the market from doing what it's going to do. Nope. The captain will probably just buy you a coffee and you'll tell stories about the last overnight where the stupid FA passed out at the bar from drinking too much and you had to drag her back.

Don't spend any money, save every buck you make and/or pay down debt aggressively. Talk to your grandparents if they are still alive and retired and find out exactly what they did. Don't be surprised when they tell you it had nothing to do with a 401k or anything else. Don't buy expensive phones or anything else expensive. Buy used, save your money, retire comfortably. There is no middle class in the future.

Everyone in the regional world is about to get screwed, because our vaunted regional business model is about to change. That's a market force and a business reality you can't change- no matter if everyone screams unity at the same time zulu every day.

If you want to be an airline pilot, these are your lumps. Some rich kids will get ahead of you, some will finish behind you, but if you just truck along and do your best and be reasonable it'll work out. Honestly a lot of those rich kids end up doing drugs and they get caught and you move up a #. It's not so bad. Think you are too good for it? Get a real job.

-Wow, sorry I blacked out there, where am I?

Thank you for one of the most eloquent posts ever on this board. Recent statistics however do not support adequate supply to fill new hire positions in the regional sector. We will wait and see for now.

Thank you for one of the most eloquent posts ever on this board. Recent statistics however do not support adequate supply to fill new hire positions in the regional sector. We will wait and see for now.

Don't you worry, when the middle class completely evaporates you won't need 3 legacies, 4 or 5 LCC/Majors, and 30 regionals/commuters/beech 99 hsit shows running around all chasing the same nickle. There will be consolidation, failures, and we'll get done with about 1-3 airlines.

Europe doesn't have it wrong, they are just ahead of the curve with the state run airlines.

Well, Ryanair (O'Leary) has just been cleared by the Irish courts to go after Aer Lingus again, so I guess "Americanization" is hitting there now also. Don't think about charging your cell phone in the crew lounge if you work there!
The grass is no greener on the other side of the fence (pond).

Pinnacle always seemed to struggle to deliver a good product. I often wondered why Northwest didn't do something about it years ago.

Pinnacle had some of the best performance stats of any airline in America for most of the past decade. Senior management never could figure out labor relations but they were ruthless in pursuing the synthetic metrics that executives use to weigh and measure airlines. Generally, pilots have a completely different idea of what a "good" product is though and airlines that pilots think are "good" usually fail in the marketplace (i.e., Mesaba).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back