End of year savings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ben Franklin

All this talk about everyone's pay has me wondering about the most important part of your paycheck - the part you SAVE.

So, how much did you save from your paycheck last year?

5th Year CAL FO: $26,000 (25%)

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Well r you talking about money into a 401k + personal IRAs + cash on hand? That is what I consider saving for the year.

I suffered some serious real estate investment losses in early 2007 (just under $300k) and as of the end of 2010 have paid my debt down to what it was before the debacle. I should have the last $70k paid off sometime this year and just have to not get used to the extra lucre and keep saving. I've maxxed out my 401k contributions while this was going on.

Good thread even if nerdier- I'd rather be a nerd now and own my house than rocking the apartment rental and a cool ********************er now-

Or better yet- be both and work a bit harder-

Good luck to all those that lost their ass to all the corruption

We do all this together so you can divide by two if you want. $30,000 and change into 401k, $12,000 auto deposit with RJames, and then bonus/profit sharing/overtime/misc another $14,000. Looks like we might be able to live in the same retirement community. Let's not talk flying!

Latest resources

Back