EMS career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eaglepilot6

Are there any fixed wing EMS operators that are comparable to an airline career in terms of pay/QOL?

Anyone have info on MedCenter Air (Carolina's Medical Center)?

Are there any fixed wing EMS operators that are comparable to an airline career in terms of pay/QOL?

I think the pilots actually work for Landmark, under contract with CMC.

I have flown fixed wing EMS for the last 5 years. Pay varies but I think $50,000 to $60,000 a year is a pretty standard starting salary, perhaps more if you have EMS experience. Expect about a 3% per year raise. Money wise, no, it's not going to compare well with the airlines. I have not worked for an airline so I can't comment on QOL for them. My QOL in EMS is awesome. I work 6 on 6 off and I am home every day or night that I'm working as well as the 6 days off in between shifts. I will do this for the rest of my career if I'm able. By the way, we fly PC12NG's.

I work a 4 on 4 off. Two days 7am-5pm then two nights (our own rooms) 5pm-5am, followed by 4 days off. We fly about every other shift. Easiest flying job I ever had!!

MedCenter is contracted by Landmark but the hospital owns all aircraft and influences pay and policy. Typical F/W schedule, 4 on/4 off for captains and 5 on/5 off for F/Os. Great QOL! Very few overnights. Starting pay is mid 30s for F/Os and Captains can max out at 90-100k. Can make more working extra days. Great job, nobody ever leaves so minimal turnover. 2 King Air 200s, 2 Citations. Great maintenance, great people, etc.

Latest resources

Back