Empire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI

I've seen ads for ATR CA's in Anchorage, Oakland, and Kalispell. Just curious what kind of time you get on these runs and how the quality of life is?

Empire ATR's pass me nearly every day in KTN. I always think it's a -8, and have to look twice. I'm heading to splash at the dock, they're headin' for the runway. For some reason, they always win! Those I know over there, from pilots to mechanics, seem to really like it.

Not really an answer, I know. I'm just rambling. I thought it would be cool to have a DHC-8 on the runway, while -2's and -3's were tied up at dock. It'd make a nice pic. I'll stop rambling, now.

Ronin

I looked into the 135 side of Empire a year or so ago. People were NOT happy. Maybe things have changed, I dunno, but at the time I was heartily encouraged not to apply. I know there is or was a FedEx Feeders message board, you might try there. Good luck.

I looked into the 135 side of Empire a year or so ago. People were NOT happy. Maybe things have changed, I dunno, but at the time I was heartily encouraged not to apply. I know there is or was a FedEx Feeders message board, you might try there. Good luck.

people are still not happy at many of the Fedex feeders, proceed at your own risks.

Its been a few years since I have worked there, but I still know some guys there. Guys who work there please chime in and update my old info.
From what I remember the ANC run just goes to FAI. It seems like most of the runs in the feeder system were only about an hour each way. Thats around 10 hrs a week thats all.
The exception was the SE AK runs, and the YVR runs. From what I understand the OAK run works the backside of the Vancouver run.
The logistics of T-Prop time has changed over the last few years with the RJ infusion. This has made the time you build there not quite as premium as most of the regionals. If you're planning on making a move from Empire to your dream job, it will be tough. I'm not putting the place down, I spent over 5 years there and loved the flying (I worked the SE Alaska stuff), but its not as premium a job as it was in the 90's.
Just my .02

how junior is OAK ? I'm thinking of sidestepping to empire since I grew up in the area, I just want to get back to the west coast. What is the schedule and QOL ? Thks for any info.....

Latest resources

Back