Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gas Man

I fly RJ's!
I was wondering if anyone had any first hand info this small cargo outfit? Any hiring going on these days? I don't care about pay, just looking for free email and a kick butt 401K.

I talked to them at one point about an ATR position flying between Santa Barbara and Ontario. Their pay was pathetically low. I asked how people made it. They said their pilots often sleep in their car or the hangar in order to make it. That was from the interviewer. Enough said, in my opinion.

I flew the F7 and the ATR for nearly 6 years. Great flying on the Alaska run, and some really good folks in the pilot group. However, it is an absolutely horrible company to work for. They treat the pilots and the mechanics as liabilities instead of assets. Management will do everything in their power to screw you if they can. If you do go to work for them watch your back.

I wouldn't be as harsh as ATR Capt, but I didn't get screwed as much either. I actually enjoyed my time there, the pay was a little low but I guess it just preps you for the rest of your career.
ATR Capt is spot on about the Southeast thing, I live in Anchorage and Southeast is still my favorite part of the country. I'll also get my dig in and say the F was the far superior airplane for the area.

When they screwed Fokkers&Beer they used lube. I wasn't so fortunate.

You mean a good cup of "Gaudier?" (Sorry, spelling is off but you get the gist). The F and the French Purple Plastic airplanes only have one toilet in them and thats the coffee thermos'. Its the never been washed effect that gives it that chest hair growing taste. You either love it or hated it but if you can, grab one for personal use. If you put hot liquid in them, they will be steaming 3-4 days later. Their great for camping or stalking that ex.
Good to hear everyone's "voice." Man, if the moons could align and we all could have a beer or two together...the fishing stories we would tell.
Bling.

Latest resources

Back