• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Empire Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone spoken to any of our Empire guys we have in Mumbia today? I tried making some calls over there but have yet to get a hold of anyone.

Ref

If the email you are referring to is the one from ND, I just got it as well. Good to get the info about our India guys.

Ref

makes you wonder if the attacks were done to get expat pilots out of the country due to the natives getting pay cuts. how is india going to atract new guys now.

I think if the local pilots wanted to 'get back' at an expat- they'd be more inclined to place a wet turd in his flight bag or something.

I'm no terrorist expert, but having been o-seas a little, this has the hallmarks of some Pakistani radical outfit. If it's homegrown, it might be from the lower castes- feeling outcast or something. I dunno.

I can personally account for all Empire expats. All good. All safe. The bad guys choose the "swanky" part of Mumbai, which would be the southern tip. This is probably the first and only time when not staying in a nice hotel was a good thing and spared the bros. But, there were several flight crews from many other airlines staying in those hotels and in those areas and the terrorist had been rounding up those fair skinned people with specific passports. Because there is complete saturation on the still on going events, it seems that all flight crews are safe but there are hundreds of people still barracaded in their rooms and active gunmen hunting them down.
As for the Indian pilots, although they want us expats gone, they and the rest of the locals didn't want this to happen and have been very sensitive to these events.
20 gunmen held thousands of people hostage and kills hundreds and I can't imagine how things would possibly be different if law abiding citizens were able to carry firearms and fight back.

did any cows get harmed? thank goodness no one of the empire guys got hurt. has the airline adressed this situation and said what they plan to do to assure safety of expats. if that can be done.

Latest resources

Back