Emmirates work schedule?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks kenny for your input.
other thing,are you allowed to take your spouse along throughout the interview process,or does she need to wait for you at the hotel until your day 's over?

Your wife joins you on day 2 around noon for a tour of Dubai, lunch at the Meridian Beach Hotel (paid by EK), tour of accomodations and tour of the EK clinic.

Thanks kenny for your input.
other thing,are you allowed to take your spouse along throughout the interview process,or does she need to wait for you at the hotel until your day 's over?

As the guy above mentioned, the wives were included in the briefing about EK benefits and the tour of Dubai. All the married guys brought their wives and they all loved it. When you're off at the EK HQ, there's lots for them to do including killing your credit rating with your credit card.

As a side note, a mate of mine that's in training right now said his instructor made the comment today, that RJ guys are going to find it a lot harder to get an interview becasue of all the furloughed and laid-off pilots that have Boeing and Airbus time. EK's never really seemed to come to terms with the fact that they were hiring guys that didn't have anything larger than an RJ on their license.

TP will know a lot more.

Typhoonpilot,

Quick question, Just curious what are the rest periods like on the Ultra long hauls? DXB-IAH Do you get two rest periods? Is the crew rest area nice? I read before that Singapore actually had two different areas. So the captain and first officer slept in different areas so one wouldn't keep the other up.

Thanks for any information

Typhoonpilot,

Quick question, Just curious what are the rest periods like on the Ultra long hauls? DXB-IAH Do you get two rest periods? Is the crew rest area nice? I read before that Singapore actually had two different areas. So the captain and first officer slept in different areas so one wouldn't keep the other up.

I thought I read that DXB-LAX is slated to have a 24 hour layover! That service is supposed to start in a few months. Any confirmation on that one?

Typhoonpilot,

On IAH we split the rest so that each crew gets two periods of about 3.5 hours each. On the ways back the flight is a bit shorter and the fatiguing part is in the beginning so we split it up 4-4-2-2 That seemed to work out pretty well.

Our rest area on the B777 is in the aft upper fuselage. Bit like a coffin really, but it does have the inflight entertainment for those who can't sleep.

I believe the SIA has the Boeing standard rest area which is in the forward upper fuselage above first class. That is a sweet set-up with two business class seats and two bunks.

IAH has gone to a 48 hour layover effective June 1st. LAX and SFO should be the same.

Typhoonpilot

As the guy above mentioned, the wives were included in the briefing about EK benefits and the tour of Dubai. All the married guys brought their wives and they all loved it. When you're off at the EK HQ, there's lots for them to do including killing your credit rating with your credit card.

As a side note, a mate of mine that's in training right now said his instructor made the comment today, that RJ guys are going to find it a lot harder to get an interview becasue of all the furloughed and laid-off pilots that have Boeing and Airbus time. EK's never really seemed to come to terms with the fact that they were hiring guys that didn't have anything larger than an RJ on their license.

TP will know a lot more.

Kenny,

Congrats on getting back and getting your ref's checked. Mine still have not been. I only know of 2 guys out of 9 whose refs have been checked out of my group.
V

Thanks,

I was very lucky with my intervewers, in fact I couldn't have asked for better.

Don't worry about your references not being checked yet. The emails are sent out by the HR person who sat down with you on the last day. If you were interviewed by an Aussie, she was over here at a job fair and wouldn't have been in the office to send them out.

Remember, no news is good news and good luck.

Typhoonpilot,

It depends on the crew. On a GRU where I was augmenting on the way there - it departs in the morning. We rested for three, worked for six then rested for three more. On a JFK we did six on, six off. On another one we did two breaks of three-ish each.

The skippers are great here (exceptions obviously - but rare)- they ask how everyone feels and come up with a game plan based on that and their need to be functional for the landing.

Respectfully,

fv

Last edited:
The crew rest compartment is above the overhead bins in the aft section of the aircraft. It is like sleeping in a coffin. I like it, only job I've ever had where they pay you to sleep.

Latest resources

Back