• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates places order for 50 Boeing 777-300 ERs with options for 20 777-300 ERs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyhow, to address the other posts, it's a scale issue in the grand scheme of the pilot profession that is so concerning. If Emirates was flying Mecca runs and sticking to Middle Earth mega flying, then I wouldn't express really any concern. But were talking a massive number of seats devoted to flying western world to western world passengers while none of the established union protected carriers are doing likewise Europe/Canada/America/Australia. On jumbo jets, while many other short terms contracts operating regional jets or medium size aircraft pay the same. And Emirates is operating in a materialistic luxurious but non-free western world base. I'm sure some pilots are indeed happy, but many are past the honey moon phase and many would be SJS types really don't understand as so many us myself included went through the phase of aviation career as a flight instructor dreaming, gee I'd pay to get a chance to fly a turbojet aircraft.
I'm sure there are mostly good pilots that would be fun to and fine to fly at Emirates, as guessing the Melbourne tail strike pilots probably were. That's the problem though, any pilot who thinks that can never happen to them is arrogant especially considering fatigue issues.
Don't personally buy into a lot of the union family fluff stuff, especially among pilots it's about business, but at the end of the day, it's huge insurance. Didn't Cathay change their process in a heartbeat? Are they union? Gotta stop the rhetorical questions. That use to be the place to go...

dirka
You wouldn't care for Emirates if they only flew within the middle east (as per your comment in regards to flying to Mecca), but since they fly to Europe and the Americas, they are a "problem?" Why exactly? And your tirade against it being a non-union carrier is getting old. Ask US Airways or TWA pilots how ALPA served them. For that matter, just look at ALPA's track record since 9/11, and you'll see they are just worthless. In the west, all it takes is for a company to declare bankruptcy (or shamruptcy I should say), and then all bets are off once motion 1113 is filed to void the pilot CBA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back