Emirates 'Inundated' - cancels roadshows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All Emirates is a low LLC flying...close to slave drivers. Enjoy

Glad you think that. Please don't apply with the rest of the drones of people. In fact, tell your friends how terrible it is there so they don't apply either. That way, those of us who really want jobs will be able to get them instead of having Emirates waste its time on people with more experience who don't really want to be there.

Varmint,

Interviewed May 27th, refs checked within a week of my return and got the email yesterday.

I'm on a months notice.

Best of luck......

Greetings all,

Just a quick question.

How is the hiring outlook? Heard rumors that Emirates has not yet seen a hiring boom as the one that is to come once the A380 start showing up. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance,

rfa

Greetings all,

Just a quick question.

How is the hiring outlook? Heard rumors that Emirates has not yet seen a hiring boom as the one that is to come once the A380 start showing up. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance,

rfa

Ummm :erm: , They have had a hiring boom since 2002 going from 500 to over 2000 pilots.

With oil prices where they are I would expect a slowdown in numbers if anything. There will still be growth, but until the price of oil becomes rational it would be prudent for the company to be cautious.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the 10 A340-500s disappear concurrent with the arrival of the A380s. Those planes became questionable with oil at $50/barrel. Now that it's $140 there is no way to make money with them. They burn too much fuel while carrying too little payload.

Still, the owners want to see close to 200 airplanes by 2015. That is almost double the current size. If they take advantage of the carnage that will happen around the world there should be some good growth opportunity going forward to make those 200 airplanes a reality.

That would mean close to 2000 pilots over the next 7 years, roughly 300/year on average.

Typhoonpilot

So it's come down to this....

Everybody jumping for joy if Emirates calls. What a sad industry we are in.

Good luck to those who were involuntarily put into that position, I hope they treat you well.

What is that supposed to mean?

Latest resources

Back