• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Emirates-Help-Time Requirements

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

I am trying to find out if I qualify for Emirates. I am hoping someone who is in the application/interview/new hire process can help.

I have 4200 TT, BUT as I was filling out the app, I can only input PIC/SIC (I have no 2nd officer or FE time).

If I count only my PIC/SIC time, I am pretty far short of the requirements, as I have about 400 student/dual-rcvd hours, and about 50 of solo.

Is there some way my student time can be counted?

Does student time not count?

Any info/suggestions are appreciated!!!

cliff
KGRB

Last edited:

Fly-By-Cable

Requirements for Position of First Officer - A330/A340 and B777
  • A minimum of 4,000 hours total flying time
  • A minimum of 2,000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience
  • ICAO ATPL
  • English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension)
  • ICAO English language Proficiency (a minimum of level 4) - a license endorsement or a Jeppesen English Proficiency Test
  • Experience commensurate with age
  • Type rated would be advantageous
Those are the mins posted on their job page. Not sure how competetive that is but DC-9 Capt, I'd think you're in good shape

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Cliff,

Don't you have some buddies there who can help you out or get you the info you need? I thought I read in another post that a few USA Jet pilots got lucky and left for EK?

Good luck!

Sunnfun

Syö lika
Total Time
7600+
Cliff,

Don't you have some buddies there who can help you out or get you the info you need? I thought I read in another post that a few USA Jet pilots got lucky and left for EK?

Good luck!

I know of at least one... ;)

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

I got help from someone who was just hired-he put his solo time in PIC and Student/dual in SIC and it worked.

cliff
GRB

PS-Thanx for all the replies!
PPS-flydubai is hiring, in addition to Emirates