• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Application Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The wait is terrible.....3 of the 8 people in my group has had their ref's checked. Not me....its only been 1 week though, so I will be patient....no news is good news I hear.

Look this is just my opinion however I believe most of the timeframe regarding having your refs checked falls with the co-ordinator your file's desk lands on. Some of them are quite efficient, more less so. I don't know their workload but the gal who I had through the process couldn't find her way out of a paper bag.

This is my understanding of the process, as told to me from a friend in HR. Each applicant has a binder, it about 3 in thick, has everything you've sent or done in it. After you leave, the peeps you interacted with get together and make a reccomendation that is then added to the file and kicked up to a vp (forgot his name) who reviews the file while the co ord tries to compile your docs. Depending on day they recieve it(IMHO nothing here happens on thurs) you're looking at it languishing in some inbox somewhere.

And personally I believe there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets called first. Guys in my group last summer, who had "right away" didn't get the call right away, where guys like me w/3 plus mo call out got the call in a couple of weeks.

everyone I know who interviewed had their refs checked, whether they recieved an offer or not, except one guy who had something bad come back on his bloodwork

everyone I know who interviewed had their refs checked, whether they recieved an offer or not, except one guy who had something bad come back on his bloodwork

Did they tell him he had something bad on his blood work or just not check his references and sent him a thanks but no thanks letter, do you know. Thanks for all the info guys, greatly appreciate it.

i've only been with one company and it's only been for 3.5 years. before that it was flight instructing (school went tango uniform), and bartending. what should i do reference wise?

Military experience and Emirates

Anyone know of any Emirates preferences relative to former US military pilots? 6000TT, F/A-18s, 757 / 767 typed??
Thanx

Anyone know of any Emirates preferences relative to former US military pilots? 6000TT, F/A-18s, 757 / 767 typed??
Thanx

When I interviewed, there was a former Egyptian fighter pilot in my group who had some heaver time...I think it was in a 767...so I don't see why not. I'm not in their recruiting dept though.

Icao Atpl??

ICAO ATPL? Saw this requirement on the website. Anyone know what the difference is between this and an ATP from the US??

Latest resources

Back