• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Emirates Application Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been at my current carrier for 10 years, so no issue with finding referees here, but my previous carrier is LONG since gone and scattered to the winds, any ideas?

I have been at my current carrier for 10 years, so no issue with finding referees here, but my previous carrier is LONG since gone and scattered to the winds, any ideas?

If you've been at your current employer for more than 5 years I'm pretty sure that all your referees can come from there.

Can anyone tell me how long it took Emirates to begin checking references. I know for some it has been right away, what about for others? Also, have their been cases where references have not been checked if you brought letters of rec. from all your referees? Thanks
V

I know personally of two instances with friends in the past year where their file was complete, but they could not offically be offered the job until at least ONE ref responded to EK's query. One guy was even told, "look, we want you, but you need to have this guy call us back!"

I know personally of two instances with friends in the past year where their file was complete, but they could not offically be offered the job until at least ONE ref responded to EK's query. One guy was even told, "look, we want you, but you need to have this guy call us back!"

Thanks Turtle. Any idea of the range of time it takes emirates to get the recommendation requests out. I hear things are slowed down right now for mourning.

Varmint,

As far as I can work out the references email is sent out by the HR person who sat in on your group exercise and 3rd day HR interview. With all the informational sessions they're running right now, it may be that whoever that was isn't in Dubai. Also they're so backed up it isn't funny; Spoke to a friend who's an A310 Captain and he said they've received so many apps from the US, that there's now a 6 month waiting list for inteviews.

You might want to make sure your refs are checking their junk mail.

The wait is a killer isn't it?

Varmint,

As far as I can work out the references email is sent out by the HR person who sat in on your group exercise and 3rd day HR interview. With all the informational sessions they're running right now, it may be that whoever that was isn't in Dubai. Also they're so backed up it isn't funny; Spoke to a friend who's an A310 Captain and he said they've received so many apps from the US, that there's now a 6 month waiting list for inteviews.

You might want to make sure your refs are checking their junk mail.

The wait is a killer isn't it?

It's pure torture. The refs are all going onto company email and they have dealt with other peoples' before so, hopefully, there won't be a problem. Only two guys from my interview group have gotten their references checked, so far. After being in Dubai and seeing how much better things are for pilots there, I am eager to hear if I made it. Any word for you yet besides just Ref's checked?

Nope, no word yet. Not that I'm expecting to hear anything for a while. I read a post on another board by a guy that interviewed at the begining of April, had his refs checked immediately and didn't get a call until 2-3 days ago.

One of the guys in my group is on a "I'm available yesterday" notice period (ex-ATA) so he'll get the call before any of us but we've all had our refs checked.

Stay strong and good luck.

Nope, no word yet. Not that I'm expecting to hear anything for a while. I read a post on another board by a guy that interviewed at the begining of April, had his refs checked immediately and didn't get a call until 2-3 days ago.

One of the guys in my group is on a "I'm available yesterday" notice period (ex-ATA) so he'll get the call before any of us but we've all had our refs checked.

Stay strong and good luck.

Thanks, seeing as how most people are getting their ref's checked right away as opposed to later does not make things look good for me. Good Luck to you also. Hope it works out positively for everyone.

Latest resources

Back