Emergency Response Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jschroed

I have been delegated the task of developing a Emergency Response Plan for the company. A set of procedures to follow in the event of an accident. I was wondering if anyone has any insight creating something like this? Any help would be appreciated.

You should research FAR part 139 and Advisory Circulars in the 150 series. Everything you need is there. It is from an airport perspective but can be applied to most anything. Also NBAA has some things on this.

I too have been assigned this task. They even have me going to the NBAA conference. If get any useful information I will forward it.

The Argus one is probably going to be more the standard although the NBAA website had a ton of good information. I also found it helpful to call some companies that had problems and see what they had learned.
The bad part of Argus is that it more like an airline program than a flight department program. After you get some outlines in mind, try and create some scenarios that will challenge your personnel based on the type of flying you do.
We thought we were prepared when I gave the scene that the aircraft was first overdue from Mexico, then reports of an unconfirmed crash, more people on the plane than believed on board, some fatalities but people taken to different hospitals, some on the ground hurt, not sure they were on the aircraft, real remote location. We were not prepared at all.

Actually I found the argus to work great for our 91/135 flight department. As a part of the program we drill the ERP twice a year with planned scenarios from argus. Along the ERP they provide free research on a any subjects wish. Monthly internal evaluation checklist. Its really a comprehensive safety program.

Latest resources

Back