Emergency Annual Recurrent Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Midnight Mike

Where do you go for your Emergency Recurrent Training in California, & how did you hear of that company?

Thanks!

Midnight Mike said:
Where do you go for your Emergency Recurrent Training in California, & how did you hear of that company?

Thanks!

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but what do you mean by "Emergency Recurrent Training?" A regular recurrent or specialized emergency training?

Regards,
2000Flyer

2000flyer said:
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but what do you mean by "Emergency Recurrent Training?" A regular recurrent or specialized emergency training?

Regards,
2000Flyer

Either one, so far, I have seen the Corporate People go both ways with a Regular Recurrent, or a Specialize one.

Thanks

Most Part 91 departments go to FlightSafety or SimuFlite. FlightSafety has locations around the country, depending on aircraft type. SimuFlite is located in Dallas and will soon have a center in Morristown NJ. FlightSafety has a center in Long Beach. Again, depends on a/c type.

Are you referring to emegency aircraft evac, CPR and water drills? If so go here:

http://www.factstraining.com/

We use them for this. They do a great job and are 135 approved.
If you have not done anything like this before I highly recommend it. The cabin filling up with smoke is enough to scare the crap out of you!

They have training once a month at the AirTell in VNY and at the Hilton Hasbrook Heights in TEB. They will also travel out to your location if you have a large enough flight department or can combine a couple of smaller flight departments.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

We just recently attended a program offered by Corporate Air Parts in VNY. Neil Looy runs a very good one day program covering everything from ditching theory to layover security. They sell and service all of the rafts and jackets used in corporate aviation so, of course, we had a session in the pool with all of that stuff. They also have a GII fuselage fitted with a smoke generator so we did smoke drills as well. There were about 25 of us in attendance from all over the west coast.
The whole deal is FAA 135 approved. Their website is being redone over the holidays. Give Neil a call at 800-227-7811. I've got no affiliation with this outfit. They just did a good job.

PapaK said:
Their website is being redone over the holidays. Give Neil a call at 800-227-7811. I've got no affiliation with this outfit. They just did a good job.

Ah, yea .... 1st post too! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Good info though. I will keep them/you in mind for our recurrent. Blain's weird sense of is getting to be a little much.

I used to work for a 135 outfit in the SoCal area and attended Neils class on a regular basis. Great class, format and info presented!

How did you hear of these places? Word of mouth? What is the best way to advertise for this?

Thanks for all of the information so far!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back