• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embry Riddle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, Daytona beach during spring break had more women than any place else in the country. How can you think that going to ERAU Daytona is in any way lacking fun, girls, and booze? I stayed during the summer just to party. It was a BLAST!!

It's all about attitude. There were MANY aviation geeks that would sit around rehersing the lines to Top Gun and play D+D on the weekends. Then there were those of us that would go to class, fly, then PARTY HARD!!! Go to the beach in March with a cooler fill of beers and end up watching the sun rise with a bikini girl in each arm.

ERAU is what you make of it. I got EVERYTHING I could ever want out of a college experience, friends, girls, a BS of Aeronautics, plus my CFII and Multi-Comm ratings.

Last edited:
I went to ERAU for two years and went through two spring breaks (at the beach and clubs - not playing d&d) and I can safely say without a doubt in my mind that the girls Daytona Beach attracts during Spring Break(or any time of the year) are the trashiest podunk, please god let them have a full set of teeth, skanks I have ever seen in my life. Go to a big public University to find the real parties, real fun, real women, and real college life. Daytona Spring break was just a national hillbilly convention when I was there. Let's see who can race their salvaged 1989 Mustang 5.0 down the beach the fastest! yeehaw!

Sure, I met some nice girls and had some good times at ERAU, but this is really a moot subject. Anyone in their right mind will take ERAU for what it's worth. Another overpriced pilot factory. No women. And a trashiest town imaginable to live in for 4 years while you pay 6-digits to go to the school.

HW

Things must have different when I went in 88-92. MTV was there, there were hot girls all over the place, parties were CRaZy fun. We had great looking girls over our apartment behind the Volusia mall all the time. The hot tob was full of girls from Ohio, Iowa, and Nebraska. I hope none of you midwest guys had girlfriends that went on sping break in Daytona. The best part is, they would LEAVE!! A new round would appear and we would be at it again.
Toothless? Not then. Hot coconut smelling bodies with great accents.

Riddle worked for me. I will always defend it. It helped me get to EXACTLY where I wanted to be in life while I had a great time to boot. I fly 74's across the left pond, fly T-45's 4 days a month, live in a super nice high rise in DOWNTOWN San Diego, clear several 1000's a month, and have the best family anyone could ask for. Even with all the flying I still get 14-20 days off a month and 6 weeks of vacation a year to spend with them.

RIDDLE WORKS!!, but to each his own.

88-92.. ahh well that's different. Daytona -was- a great place then. I bet you did have a blast! ERAU was definitely a lot more practical then.

To say Embry-Riddle works is sort of a complicated statement. I know so many guys that graduated around the time you did and say the same thing(most ROTC); however, it's not the same place anymore. It hasn't been for years. It doesn't work for most people (these days). A pilot degree at Embry-Riddle is simply not worth the $120,000+ they charge for it now-a-days.

The only justifiable degree at ERAU anymore is the Aeronautical Engineering degree. It's the best anywhere. If you're going to fly airplanes - prepare to be screwed. Nothing beats the year I was there when tuition went up $2000 and the school president (now resigned) bought himself a nice Citation. Okay - so I'm a little bitter. But ERAU, for me, was definitely the worst college move I could have made. I will never forget the financial aid lady at the freshman orientation completely dodging the "how much will this cost" question from parents at least 10 times. Instead she explained how affordable ERAU is through all the private loan programs they offer.

Well - like I said - ERAU is not the same school you went to. Wish it was, because it's the school I thought I was going to be going to. Prospective students - just stay away.

HW

mcjohn said:
My uncle went into Riddle straight in the 70's and came out gay. Seriously. He's been a F/A for Delta for almost 30 yrs.
Riddle has a 120,000$ Flight Attendant degree.....just kidding. But this is the kind of rumor that would run wild and be spread as fact in the Riddle-hater circles.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back