Embry Riddle.....the Harvard of flight schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V-STALL said:
Graduated CAPT 10/2005 - Summa Cum Laude, Highest Time (459TT/101ME) of any graduate! No Job, Big Debt!
Tip: Stay away from CAPT!

Wow-459hrs! and you expected what? For them to Hand you a flying job? Wake up and smell the fresh air, I think your Ninja face cover is blocking O2 to the brain!:smash:
Exactly my point! I bought into the program that promised guaranteed interviews. That totally was a sack of lies. And no, I didn't expect them to hand me a flying job. I knew going in that NO ONE could guarantee me a job. CAPT promised:

* Program Completion in 10-12 months
* Guaranteed Interviews with several airlines (which they had none when I signed up)

And they didn't live up to either.

Flying Ninja said:
Exactly my point! I bought into the program that promised guaranteed interviews. That totally was a sack of lies. And no, I didn't expect them to hand me a flying job. I knew going in that NO ONE could guarantee me a job. CAPT promised:

* Program Completion in 10-12 months
* Guaranteed Interviews with several airlines (which they had none when I signed up)

And they didn't live up to either.

Just curious- was that "Guarantee" in writing?:erm:

Time magazine once dubbed Embry-Riddle "The Harvard of the Skies." To those who know Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, this comes as no surprise. No other private school has contributed more to aviation and aerospace

look what i found...if TIME said it..it must be true...

V-STALL said:
Just curious- was that "Guarantee" in writing?:erm:
Nothing was in writing with the CAPT program when I signed up. Basically, it was on their web site, which, if you look on the Internet, you can pull up old versions of their site which says they have guaranteed interview agreements with airlines.

CAPT FAQ Page

I reported to class after my loan cleared with Riddle and the folks at CAPT didn't even ask me for ID. No contracts, nothing. Yep, it was all based on my faith that Embry-Riddle would not f*ck me because of their "Harvard of Aviation" reputation. Suffice to say that's one huge lesson learned (re: contract). They're a shady bunch. I suspected they didn't want a contract because then they can't be easily sued. I already spoke to a lawyer about it and that's what he told me.

They got me on these items:

#5: One Uniform (Actual: they gave us one shirt, everything else we had to pay for to complete the uniform), Charts (Actual: after the initial set, you're on your own...when asked, they dodged the question/request)
#7: 10-12 Months (Actual: 17 Months)
#9: 550 Hours of Flight Experience (225 Actual Loggable Hours)
#12: Several guaranteed interview agreements (Actually no agreements until December of 2004 with Focus Air, their first agreement)

They lied to us about many other things like glass DA40s and the DA42 for multi training, etc. It's too much to go into. I'm still trying to figure out all the lies and documenting them all.

Last edited:
gkrangers said:
This all sounds like you didn't do your homework and expected too much.
I did what I thought was due dilligence. I asked a TWA pilot about it. I spoke to a LearJet Captain that I met at Bradley, CT on a X-Country flight I did. I spoke to a couple maintenance guys that worked out of KLGA and KJFK as well as my PVT CFI. They all dropped hints that I shouldn't do it but I believed in the Riddle reputation.

What I did not find was these forums which would have definitely prevented me from signing up with CAPT. That's why I'm here to make sure those who do come on to these forums learn of my story and steer away from CAPT.

Flying Ninja said:
What I did not find was these forums which would have definitely prevented me from signing up with CAPT. That's why I'm here to make sure those who do come on to these forums learn of my story and steer away from CAPT.

that is what we call.."live and learn"....it sucks u paid so much for what u could have gotten at your local FBO for 1/3 the cost...so step away from your computer and go get an instructor job...welcome to the real world...

Yeah, it's definitely a live and learn. And it is too bad that the debt has crippled me. I really have no interest in going further with certifications (at least for now). I'm pretty turned off by my experience with CAPT. I'm just here to help educate the public from spending an obscene amount of money with CAPT with the very real possibility of them hanging you out to dry.

I know all about the Phase Out...they're trying to sell it to some company right now. And once that happens, they'll be back in business trying to swindle others.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back