Embry Riddle.....the Harvard of flight schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The truth about F Ninja....

Waited and waited for the "perfect" regional job. There was no one good enough except ASA. 7 months later...crying to flightinfo.com about the missed opportunities and jobs that were there...but not good enough.

Pilots with 3 times as many hours as you would love to work at Pinnacle just to be lucky enough to have a job. Your b.s. on this board makes me sick.

If you are done with aviation, then stop posting here.. capt is done, so get over it. Get over yourself, and go back to playing hand jockey or whatever it is you do for fun. The airline industry will do so much better than someone like you...oh yea...they already have.

I was listening to the Laura Ingram show the other day (I believe) on the radio. She had a guest who was blowing his horn about how he graduated from the quote "Harvard of aviation schools" Embry Riddle. I guess the guy did some contract test flying for the military and then got into acting, I believe. I've flown with guys from Riddle and those who are not. Just my opinion, but "Harvard of aviation schools"? Whatever makes the guy feel good.

How Did I Miss 9 Pages Of This?!?!?
Turtlesfly said:
I love the stereotypes - all UND grads are like this, all Riddle people are like that . . .

You people wouldn't say that all female pilots are stupid - or that all flight attendants are f_ags or that all Muslems blow people up.

Well, maybe you would say that after all.

Not defending any institution, believe me, just seeing it for what it is - school racism. And you look pretty stupid.

Riddle Sucks

Sioux115 said:
I thought UND's motto was "Harvard at 30,000ft." I can't find it on thier site anymore though.

It's actually 35,000

Flying Ninja said:
Nothing was in writing with the CAPT program when I signed up. Basically, it was on their web site, which, if you look on the Internet, you can pull up old versions of their site which says they have guaranteed interview agreements with airlines.

CAPT FAQ Page

I reported to class after my loan cleared with Riddle and the folks at CAPT didn't even ask me for ID. No contracts, nothing. Yep, it was all based on my faith that Embry-Riddle would not f*ck me because of their "Harvard of Aviation" reputation. Suffice to say that's one huge lesson learned (re: contract). They're a shady bunch. I suspected they didn't want a contract because then they can't be easily sued. I already spoke to a lawyer about it and that's what he told me.

They got me on these items:

#5: One Uniform (Actual: they gave us one shirt, everything else we had to pay for to complete the uniform), Charts (Actual: after the initial set, you're on your own...when asked, they dodged the question/request)
#7: 10-12 Months (Actual: 17 Months)
#9: 550 Hours of Flight Experience (225 Actual Loggable Hours)
#12: Several guaranteed interview agreements (Actually no agreements until December of 2004 with Focus Air, their first agreement)

They lied to us about many other things like glass DA40s and the DA42 for multi training, etc. It's too much to go into. I'm still trying to figure out all the lies and documenting them all.

Riddle Stole Your Bike! LoL U got Owned.

Flying Ninja said:
No, but certainly not enough to get a CFI with the cost of airplane and CFI up here in NY (about $5000, so they say). Anyway, nice chat. Cheers.

$5k will get you a CFI/CFII/MEI @ ATP, where you should have gone in the first place.

Last edited:
This ******************** is funny... Thanks for the good laugh.

FN -

Why didn't you interview with Pinnacle ? Are you to good for Pinnacle with 600 hours?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back