Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Embraer Legacy 500 - Why Hasn't a Fractional Ordered It?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I realize the airplane has not even flown yet. It is supposed to conduct its first test flight in the coming months. Still, I am seeing a lot of advertising and articles in the various aviation magazines about the Legacy 500/450. Certainly looks impressive on paper: comfortable cabin with great headroom, FBW cockpit with ProLine Fusion, solid performance in terms of speed and range.

I guess I expected add-on orders with all of the Phenom 300 orders at Netjets and Flight Options. You would think Embraer would be looking to do a deal (big price discounts) like other manufacturers for a big initial order. Looks like Bombardier beat them to it with the big CL300 order at Netjets. Would the EMB500 compete more with the CL300 for a place in the fleet or with a smaller aircraft in Netjets fleet like the CX or G200? Flight Options needs to eventually replace its own Legacy/E135 aircraft as they look beat-up every time I see one - could the new EMB500 be a good replacement?

Is the lack of a fractional order a reflection on Embraer and perceptions of its quality - or is it that there are several aicraft types in the same category that make it difficult to compete? Just surprised that there has been little interest in this very advanced aircraft. I fly the junky ERJ (it is like a utility vehicle) and I have my own opinions of Embraer aircraft - but I realize the corporate jet market has different expectations.

Check it out:

- http://embraerexecutivejets.com/en-US/jets/legacy-500/Pages/technology.aspx

- http://embraerexecutivejets.com/en-US/jets/legacy-500/Pages/overview.aspx

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Why take a chance on unproven technology when the Cl300 is already proven? What if another "Hawker 4000" fiasco happens?

Why take a chance on unproven technology when the Cl300 is already proven? What if another "Hawker 4000" fiasco happens?

Good points. The CL300 is proven at both Flexjet and XOJet. Now Netjets will add an airplane you can find at those operators - not much of a differentiator beyond price if competitors are operating the same aircraft.

The Citation Latitude is still a concept airplane and Netjets has ordered it. Given the experience with the Phenom 300, I guess I'd expect interest from both Flight Options and now Netjets (as they ramp up) but not much talk so far in the press. Of course, I am not a part of those negotiations/discussions...

Still, it looks like a nice and versatile performer if you look at the website links... Won't Netjets need to replace its G200s and its older CXs at some point? The Flight Options Legacies are looking seriously old and beaten up too.

Good points. The CL300 is proven at both Flexjet and XOJet. Now Netjets will add an airplane you can find at those operators - not much of a differentiator beyond price if competitors are operating the same aircraft.

Netjets offers a superior level of service compared to other operators.

And their pilots are better.

But they're still underpaid. Maybe the union should be stronger.....oh well.

With Flight Options getting rid of the Hawkers they will be in need of a Mid size aircraft to fill that void. No word yet on what it might be. The price point will probably determine what it is. My guess is on the Emb 450.

With Flight Options getting rid of the Hawkers they will be in need of a Mid size aircraft to fill that void. No word yet on what it might be. The price point will probably determine what it is. My guess is on the Emb 450.

Nextant 800xp.

I'm glad you guys are finally catching up. :p

Latest resources

Back