Embraer 195 at PDX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetSpeed219

Did anybody else see the EMB-195 over by Flightcraft this weekend at PDX? Anybody know why it was there?

It was offically there to get CATIIIA/B FAA certification. It is supposed to be in IAH on Monday before heading back to Brasil.

Embraer was showing off their biggest, shiniest carrot to Alaska and Horizon execs?

Embraer has already done the whole dog and pony show with AS/QX execs, management and union leaders. Everyone ooohed and aaaahed as they took a little ride on the magic carpet. Yawn. The QX union has indicated to management it'd be happy to negotiate new rates to fly it under the "New Aircraft" section language of our CBA.

Management is trying to figure out if they have any leverage to get us to fly them for less than our current rates. They don't. Considering all the big talk recently about fleet simplification (getting rid of the 200's; ordering more 400's) I don't really see how the Embraer fits into the picture. I wouldn't put it past the Air Group to form an alter-ego to fly them, though. Or maybe the Alaska boys would like to add a B-scale and do that flying. Who knows.

As nice as they are, I don't see Embraers in QX's future. But what do I know...I'm just a dumb pilot. :D

It was offically there to get CATIIIA/B FAA certification. It is supposed to be in IAH on Monday before heading back to Brasil.

I am sure that the QX management team was invited to have a look and walk around too.

They are in the business of selling airplanes

Well, that settles it. ;) You won't do it for peanuts, and we won't, so Air Group will bring in a bottomfeeder to do it or better yet pull a GoJet on us. We'd better all get crackin on scoping all Air Group flying to AS & QX (and Eva) before it's too late. When they find captains to fly the EMB190 for $70/hr there's gonna be a lot of B737 and CRJ jobs going that way.

Latest resources

Back