• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB170/190 Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The E170 has had a history of ECS pack problems. The packs are located right under the first 5 rows or in some configurations, the first class section.

In 2005, US Airways/MDA inop'd the forward galley sink on the E170. Embraer designed the forward galley sink drains to jettison liquids through a heated mast on the belly about 10 feet forward of the #2 ECS pack NACA scoop. In flight, FAs would take their excess coffee and soda and pour them down the drain. It would be injested by the #2 ECS pack.

Their was a succession of #2 ECS failures and when MTC gutted the compressor turbines, they found lots and lots of coffee grounds. Prior to the ECS failing, there was a deep rumble that you could feel in the airframe indicative of the bearings going bad in the compressor turbine.

Also, as posted by LearLove and others, the E170/190 has a history of bad door seals, both cabin and the forward cargo door. Probably 80% of the E170/175s at Republic Airways are extremely flatulent as you climb to altitude, most of them a low frequency constant moaning.

I had a NetJets jump seater in Row 7 who was convinced we had a panel separate from the aircraft on climb, based on vibrations he sensed at his seat. It was the 1L door seal and it quieted down getting into the flight levels and reappeared again on decent, though not as loud.

It's worth it to write them up as the are irritating to the passengers and especially the A FA who has to have the noise in close proximity to her station.

T8
Freaking Brazillans. Oooo oooo ooooo! Look it has engines under the wings! Nevermind that sound Ill fly it! I get to spin my N1 fans on the walk around!!!

Latest resources

Back