• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EMB145 Blows four tires at KMIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was an American Connection(TSA) and it only blew two tires. They replaced all four and the inner brakes. The inner brakes are the suspect of the lock up. Bad brake channel?

It was a BCU Fail. No Spoilers, TR's, or inboard brakes. Stomped on brakes as hard as possible, stopped in 6-7k feet burned up the outboards, thus plugs blew on the outboard tires. We were just below MGW for landing.

you're lucky it was a long (non-icy) runway then. It's too bad Uncle H is too cheap to shell out the cash for some TRs.

you're lucky it was a long (non-icy) runway then. It's too bad Uncle H is too cheap to shell out the cash for some TRs.

While I will agree that I hate not having TR's and I'm surprised more Hulie Jets haven't run off the end of the runways by what else he said I'm guessing this plane had TRs, but due to the BCU fail the TRs would not deploy, kinda like when Eagle had an LGEU fault that gave a 3 green DN indication even though the gear was up. Startin to lose a little faith in the 145 gear related systems.

While I will agree that I hate not having TR's and I'm surprised more Hulie Jets haven't run off the end of the runways by what else he said I'm guessing this plane had TRs, but due to the BCU fail the TRs would not deploy, kinda like when Eagle had an LGEU fault that gave a 3 green DN indication even though the gear was up. Startin to lose a little faith in the 145 gear related systems.

Correct

Latest resources

Back