EMB-170/190 CAPTS, EARN US$9000/month!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

071qhc

NO JOKE!!! Paramount Airways based in Chennai India is desperately in need of current and qualified EMB-170/190 Captains (with PIC type) and F.O.'s (with SIC type). Captains make US$9000 per month including a US$1000 housing allowance (or US$8000 if you take the company provided 2 bedroom apartment) and F.O.'s make US$7000 per month including a US$1000 housing allowance (or US$6000 if you take the company provided 2 bedroom apartment). I am an EMB-170 Captain who is working here and this is the standard 1 year renewable contract package:

-Salary as described above! (you are on the payroll at the above rates as soon as you land in Chennai, even if it takes a few weeks to get all your paperwork and security clearance stuff done!)
-OVERTIME at US$100 per hour beyond 80 hours per month!!!
-Night credit additional US$10 per hour for flights between 2300-0600 local time
-8 weeks on, 2 weeks (paid) off OR 12 weeks on, 3 weeks (paid) off schedule
(you can fly up to 125 hours per month under Indian Regs, but there is a 30 in 7 rule as well as a 1000 yearly max, so most schedules have you flying your 30 hours in 5 or 6 days with a day or two off per 7 days, but as mentioned above, LOTS of paid vacation time!)
-company pays for flight from your home to India at start and end of contract
-company sponsored medical coverage (Indian doctors are among the finest in the world as all the Indian doctors hired in the US, and around the world prove)
-company pays for all transportation to and from airport for duty and to and from company offices for training or other administrative matters
-ALL crews based in Chennai (Madras) India but company can move you at their discretion
-Bonus of up to 1 month's pay subject to company profitability
-Captains will be given waiver from the DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) which is the Indian version of the FAA to use their FAA certificate and FCC radiotelephone license in India after a VERY simple oral exam (lasts about 5 to 10 minutes and covers company ops manual only!)
-Paramount is negotiating to get the same waiver for F.O.'s but as of right now the F.O.'s have to take the Indian Commercial written which the company sends you to school for (and they pay for the class)

OTHER INFO: Company just celebrated it's first anniversary on October 19, 2006, they have three 170's and one 175 on the property and I spoke today with the pilots who are going to Brazil next week to get the second 175. They are in negotiations with Embraer for an additional ten 175's and five 195's. The 170's and 175's are staffed with FOUR flight attendants. They have the optional aft facing jumpseat and block off two passenger seats, one for the 4th flight attendant and one for the EMBRAER factory maintenance person who also does the pre-flight! They market the 170's as all business class and serve gourmet meals and the 175's come with eleven first class seats (with 120 degree recline) and business class. LOAD PLANNERS at each station do your weight and balance!!! Flight attendants (or Air Hostesses as they are called here) are of the "Catch Me If You Can" variety (that movie with Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio). And for those who haven't seen that movie, just picture flight attendants in the US from the 1960's with Pan Am and TWA and you get the picture. The management and other personnel treat you with admiration and respect as is the custom in the Indian culture. This is an AMAZING opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the most amazing cultures on Earth for a few years or longer if you wish. Paramount is the ONLY airline with the 170/190 family in India. Everyone else has A-320/B-737's or larger OR ATR-42's or smaller, so Paramount is poised to reap the benefits of the rapidly expanding aviation market in a country of 1.1 BILLION people. You can send your resume to: [email protected] and visit their website: www.paramountairways.com for more info. And one last thing, the assistant manager of HR told me in person that Paramount will not renew their contracts with Rishworth Aviation, ContractAir, FlightGlobal and other pilot recruiting companies because they have taken liberties with what Paramount is actually offering, so beware of what those companies offer you. Better to go straight to the source. PARAMOUNT AIRWAYS...A world of Difference! (that's their ad slogan!) See you all in India!!!

Last edited:
Pilot Shortage

Hopefully, if/when the forcasted pilot shortage happens in the US, the US carriers will start paying us what we're worth.

I flew in India 2 years ago, and I went thru that same security clearance crap, especially since I was flying out of an airport that shared a runway with one of IAFs SU-30MKI squadrons. I have also flown down in the Chennai and Bangalore areas too.

Having those 2-3 weeks off will make it a lot easier to be happy. Living in a city like Chennai will be a lot different than what one is accustomed to. Flying back to the US on those weeks off can be expensive though if you have to buy tickets.

Pilots will be treated better there usually, since they are not a dime a dozen there. And yes, those Indian stewardesses can be rather nice :)

Sounds like a pretty good set-up to build up a nest egg. Gotta' laugh though. India outsourcing to the U.S for employees! :)

Hi!

China is next.

They are way behind India in their aviation infrastructure development.

clif
LRD

Beware Paramount

There was a very big thread about Paramount on Pprune a few months ago. I believe the title was "Beware Paramount". It didn't have much nice to say about them. I was trying to find the thread on Pprune just now, but it seems to have disappeared. I would do my research carefully before going to India. 414Flyer would be a good person to talk to in that regards.

I just spent the day with my friend who is the Bell helicopter rep in India. He lives in Dubai and will not move to India. There is a very good reason for that. The place is a cesspool. If you are single, maybe as a short term adventure, but not with a family.

China is next.

They are way behind India in their aviation infrastructure development.

I agree China will boom in the coming years. In fact, it will far outstrip India. India is too corrupt to have any lasting economic boom. They will go the way of Indonesia and Argentina; countries that could have prospered if not for rampant corruption. India's infrastructure is pathectic. Their roads are crap, their airports are crap, their railways are operaitng with 50 year old technology. China is building new airports, building new highways, investing in infrastructure that will help them to achieve their economic goals. China would be the place to go. Food is better and the women far better. Airline pilot pay is still low for contracts and they don't have a good track record. I'll give it a few more years and we shold see some marked improvement.

Indian Airlines are paying very good on contract basis. It would be a good short to medium term gig, especially if you can be domiciled outside of India.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back