EMB-145, Headsets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skyrtr

I'm starting class at XJet this month, and am wondering if those jets are quiet enough up front to switch to a lighter headset. I have a nice Peltor passive headset that I like, but it gets old after a couple hours. I'd like something lighter.

Anybody on the Jungle-jet want to give me some advice?
Thanks!

Tina Fey's Scar -

The question is a completely honest request for information for a New Hire to the EMB145 Asshole.
I suggest that you ask around once you start training and then try out various combinations before committing your $$$ to an expensive purchase that might not work for you.

Rule of thumb said:
Tina Fey's Scar -

The question is a completely honest request for information for a New Hire to the EMB145 Asshole.
I suggest that you ask around once you start training and then try out various combinations before committing your $$$ to an expensive purchase that might not work for you.

The Embraer 145 has an @sshole? That's where the new hires go? In that case keep the peltors. It could get really noisy in there.

Last edited:
ANR does not work well to cancel out the high frequency noise (wind noise) that is produced in the ERJ cockpit. About the only ANR model that works OK is the Bose, and I've even seen guys wear earplugs with them to help a little more. I would suggest something that has good passive reduction instead of spending alot for ANR.

I was hired at XJet about 6mo. ago. I still use D.Clarks but I have seen a lot of captains using the little operator wire type headsets. They seem to like them and I have been thinking of getting one myself. The head clamps get old after a while.

Hey Scarface

Tina Fey's Scar said:
How many times does this question have to be asked???

I anticipated a response like yours, since I've seen many similar requests too. However I never bothered to read the responses. So, although you may or may not be an a$$ho!e, your post was unhelpful and unnecessary.

In other words, how many times do you have to chime in with negativity to someone else's honest question?

XJET F/O said:
I was hired at XJet about 6mo. ago. I still use D.Clarks but I have seen a lot of captains using the little operator wire type headsets. They seem to like them and I have been thinking of getting one myself. The head clamps get old after a while.

Yeah, that's exactly it. I've been flying for about 12 years, and never been in anything quiet enough to even consider headsets other than quality full-coverage types, though they hurt after a couple hours (let alone those full days). I never wanted ANR, because I hate having batteries run down.

Is the EMB-135/145 very loud?

Oh, by the way, thanks for a helpful response.

Skyrtr said:
I anticipated a response like yours, since I've seen many similar requests too. However I never bothered to read the responses. So, although you may or may not be an a$$ho!e, your post was unhelpful and unnecessary.

In other words, how many times do you have to chime in with negativity to someone else's honest question?

That's why the search feature is such a wonderful thing...

Skyrtr said:
Yeah, that's exactly it. I've been flying for about 12 years, and never been in anything quiet enough to even consider headsets other than quality full-coverage types, though they hurt after a couple hours (let alone those full days). I never wanted ANR, because I hate having batteries run down.

Is the EMB-135/145 very loud?

Oh, by the way, thanks for a helpful response.

If you take your headset off it is loud enough. It is not unbearable ,but not comfortable enough to do a leg from CYYZ to KIAH if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back