EMB 140 vs. EMB 145?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ironwedge

Is there a major difference between these two aircraft? Also, is there a pay difference for those who operate them?

Thanks! The RJ illiterate.

Eagle pay rates differ for the amount of seats in the back for captains.

The 140 has the same engines as the 135, but more weight. The resulting performance is lacking compared to the 135 and 145. But the landing gear on the 140 is better, and there is some talk about retrofitting 145s with it to help with the all too common empty weight restrictions.

The inside configuration differs too. The locations of some of the fire extinguishers, baggage locations, oxygen canisters, etc are swapped.

I prefer the 145, because I've never had a problem holding max speed in cruise, but the 140 has stuck us at .72 several times.

Thanks all! I was searching for something else at APC and came accross their "beta" pay comparison project. I couldn't find anything on the site about it so I guess it's not ready for prime-time. There was a pay chart for the EMB145 and the EMB140 along with a few others.

Only thing is the files are huge, I have broadband and it still takes a few seconds to load. Oh yeah, you need the new Flashplayer too.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/140/77/

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back